Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Awards Banquet ????

Chassis Designer

Well I've been trying to follow all of the chatter on the SCCA list but....Does anyone know for sure when the awards are going to be handed out??? An update on the Texas Region website sure would be nice.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Good luck...

It's apparently on January 29th at TMS...

http://www.texasscca.org/scca_januar...dar.html#calen

Now you know as much as I do, which isn't much.

So the awards meeting for the membership is on the same day as the officers of the club should be representing US at the National Convention.

I guess I won't complain to bad as I know how hard it is to get officers for any club much less ones that know how to run a club. Just for your information the Asst:RE Membership is in charge of banquets. The region has not had a Asst:RE Membership for 2 years. And yes the region has over 1100 members.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Just for your information the Asst:RE Membership is in charge of banquets. The region has not had a Asst:RE Membership for 2 years. And yes the region has over 1100 members.
    Sounds like a job for the General!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Last I heard, our RE was lobbying for a separate awards banquet for Solo II. That was about a month ago.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Sounds like a job for the General!
    Well actually I was an assistant to 3-4 Asst:RE membership guys. Think I did that for about 6 years. If I knew more about the road race side of the club I would (might) raise my hand. Some people enjoy dealing with crazy people and putting on banquets. Not my first choice. Please don't interpret that to mean the road race members are crazy.

My uncle had a saying..."The older I get the more I realize I am right and every one else is crazy"

My uncle had a saying..."The older I get the more I realize I am right and every one else is crazy"
    I like your uncle.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

2005 Member's Banquet and Awards Ceremony
    Pre-registration is requested.
    Details Here

A lot of people on this list are getting trophies. The Points list is here.
    http://autocross.com/tr/2004SCCApoints.pdf

Can someone pick up my [lowly 4th place] trophy? I'm not going to be able to make the banquet, but I'd still like to get my trophy.

I earned a 2nd place trophy in Tire Class last year (2003), but wasn't able to go to the SCCA Banquet to pick it up. I thought I'd be able to get it at an SCCA AX sometime early in the year -- they usually bring them out to the first 2 or 3 events. But they never had mine, so I never received my 2003 trophy.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Can someone pick up my [lowly 4th place] trophy? I'm not going to be able to make the banquet, but I'd still like to get my trophy.
    Will that same someone please pick-up my 2nd place Tire class trophy while they're there?

I just emailed Mr. Ramey, quoted Kestrel, and ask that he prevent last year's oops.

Hopefully, that will take care of it, and they will be available at the first SCCA event or I'll track Tom down before then - if no one picks them up Saturday night.

Perhaps a list from this site with those wishing to have trophies picked up would help.

So far:

Kestrel
    Sammm
    onething

Anyothers who want on the list? Please do not respond if you do not qualify for a SCCA trophy - just pull through

There is no separate banquet for the money-makers in the club

This just in from Tom Ramey in reference to the trophies:
    Morning Hal,

. . . Mark is only going to do what he can for Saturday night's banquet, which is the Rookie of the Year and Soloist of the Year. I forwarded Mark a copy of the final results from last year this morning, as Thad found them and sent them to Kenny and me, so I sent them to Phil Adams (new T&S Chief) and to Mark. Mark has all last year's plaques at his house and he told me he will bring them with him at the events this year to give them for those like below. color added by onething - see below

So, the answer is yes, you can pick it up for last year and hopefully, by the first event, he will have all of the rest of them finished as well, since he has all trophies anyway. Edited stuff So, he should have all of our trophies, mine too ha, at the first event. We might have to change the March date, still checking on cross-over days, but the April date will have to be moved since that weekend is the first NASCAR event at TMS.
    I think that he's referring to Kestrel not getting his 2003 trophy in this statement:
    he (Mark) will bring them with him at the events this year to give them for those like below.
    Didn't plan on going to the banquet before, but now there is certainly no reason IMHO

The offer to track down the trophies seems moot at this point as well.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    I just emailed Mr. Ramey, quoted Kestrel, and ask that he prevent last year's oops.

Hopefully, that will take care of it, and they will be available at the first SCCA event or I'll track Tom down before then - if no one picks them up Saturday night.

Perhaps a list from this site with those wishing to have trophies picked up would help.

So far:

Kestrel
    Sammm
    onething

Anyothers who want on the list? Please do not respond if you do not qualify for a SCCA trophy - just pull through
    Well, if they are ready I'd like for my SM2 award to be picked up please! I guess two months just wasn't enough time?
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

A message from the RE:Solo...
    "Now, according to Mark, the wood for the engraving/etching for trophies he was told on backorder, so no trophies/plaques will be awarded at the banquet on Saturday night at TMS, unfortunately. I know already that a lot of people were not going to go anyway, but this only makes it that harder to go, and I fully understand. "

So as of Thursday (27th) there will not be awards this weekend.
    Look for the awards to be passed out at the first event.

"Now, according to Mark, the wood for the engraving/etching for trophies he was told on backorder, so no trophies/plaques will be awarded at the banquet on Saturday night at TMS, unfortunately. I know already that a lot of people were not going to go anyway, but this only makes it that harder to go, and I fully understand. "

Thanks General you just saved me $40.00!

An Awards Banquet without any awards. That should be interesting. :ncool:

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Thanks General you just saved me $40.00!
    Hey POS, can I borrow $40?!?!? :P

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I earned a 2nd place trophy in Tire Class last year (2003), but wasn't able to go to the SCCA Banquet to pick it up. I thought I'd be able to get it at an SCCA AX sometime early in the year -- they usually bring them out to the first 2 or 3 events. But they never had mine, so I never received my 2003 trophy.
    Gosh, Rich - that'd really suck....getting overlooked when trophies were being handed out
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

He's used to it by now. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast