Thread: MSP owner looking to join the Miata scene!

Default MSP owner looking to join the Miata scene!

Hey guys I am looking into buying a miata, with the ultimate goal of slowly turboing the car!

I currently own a Mazdaspeed Protege and I love it!

If anyone has any info on the easiest miata to turbo let me know, I also joined a few other miata forums to find out more info.

The easiest Miata to turbo is the MSM. After that, I find you can still add the Pep Boys "turbo" badge on the trunk, but it doesn't seem to work as well.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I already tried to do the turbo badge mod with little success...only a 10whp gain

You did good... normally the badge is only worth 5 hp unless you team it up with a Turbonator...

If you're going to go turbo, I'd stick with an early 1.8 car that's still OBD-I - a 94 or 95. You can piece together later model 1.8 blocks/heads for better flow. Plus, if it's OBD-I you can run a standalone ECU and not worry about emissions tests as long as you have a proper tune on it.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Thanks for the great info^

I heard that cx racing is putting together a kit for the 1.8, everything you need except fuel management, injectors, and catback for just over 1k
    I know some people out there only trust name brand but for the money that is a great start in my opinion.

As soon as i sell my truck I will be hunting for a miata for at or under 3k.

You get what you pay for. Good luck!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    You get what you pay for.
    This. More or less. Although it depends on what you're going to do with the car.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Glad to see you made it over here. I'll bet your the MSP owner that I was talking to over craigslist about my car that the new owner is reselling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]