Thread: hello! where do we find replacement engines for our miatas?

Exclamation hello! where do we find replacement engines for our miatas?

hello, I am new here so mods please move thread if this is placed in the wrong location.

my name is Adrian and i drive a 92 "peanut butter" edition miata and a 90 base model miata which recently crapped out on me.

The main reason I am here is to become more involved in the miata community in the dallas area, for starters i am in dire need of a replacement engine for my 90 miata.

I have already located a few places such as-
    texasjdm-engines, dallasjdm-motors, and jdm-engine corp. even through calling all these places the only 1.6 engine i could find was from jdm engine corp and they do not do compression test on most their motors.

if anybody would please like to add onto the this list so we may all in the future know where a good reliable source for a jdm miata engine would be, pleas do so!

your help is much appreciated, please dont leave another miata unappreciated and un-motorized. there is still time to save her =P

JDM engines in Richardson is a good source.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

You can get LSx crate motors from GM.

Chassis Designer

I recently purchased from JDM in Richardson. They did a compression test for me when I was there. Just got it running the other day, but it looks like a good motor. Some indications of fairly low mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by jakepkoe View Post
    I recently purchased from JDM in Richardson. They did a compression test for me when I was there. Just got it running the other day, but it looks like a good motor. Some indications of fairly low mileage.
    Same here. I've bought numerous engines and transmissions from them for various projects and never had an issue.