Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to borrow a cherry picker and engine stand or two....

Default Need to borrow a cherry picker and engine stand or two....

Well I blew the motor in my M2 and would like to pull it out this weekend, and possibly swap the head onto a stock lower compression car, but I need a cherry picker and a coulpe of engine stands. Does anyone have any that I can borrow.

I am good at returning borrowed tools....

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris,

I was really sorry to hear about your mishap on Saturday. Were you guys able to find a towing service?

Any idea what caused the engine loss?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yes, one of the tow trucks called me back and we took it back to the ranch and then Gary hauled it back for me on Sunday with his car hauler. I am indebted to him.

I didnt check my oil before the event, and I guess I have been consuming oil b/c I was two quarts low. I usually didnt consume much oil, so something was up there. Oil starvation in the turns probably killed it. That and me not checking all of the fluids before the event. uGGG.

Chris

You just can't temp fate, cause it has a way of

Dude it was the cardinal rule in school, you could lie about missing class, just don't say your grandparents died, or sure enough they'd give it up in the very near future.

You definately jinxed yourself
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    You just can't temp fate, cause it has a way of
    Come on now this has far less to do with fate and far more to do with routine maintenance. :P I wonder if the oil had been checked regularly would this have happened????

Kags played with the Karma gods and got burned. I'm trying to see if I can help find Kags a motor. If you race long enough with a turbo, you will forget the killer oil level check. I have and I got lucky - Kags played with the gods. The turbos on the track will burn oil - it comes with BOOST.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I have the oil changed every 3000 miles and the car didnt burn oil prior to the turbo. How often do you check oil on a 40,000 mile car?

More then I did, if you install a turbo!!!! Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    I have the oil changed every 3000 miles and the car didnt burn oil prior to the turbo. How often do you check oil on a 40,000 mile car?
    Everytime it gets gas; but that is directly caused by the "been there done that & bought it a motor factor", on a Honda I had in my youth with 35K on it.

Well, they say everything happens for a reason...

TC and Kags called me from the side of the road Saturday evening looking for 24-hour towing numbers, and told me what happened. After I got off the phone with them, I realized I hadn't checked my oil, which I usually do the night before going to an event.

So I checked my own oil, and found that I was over a quart low. If it wasn't for Kags' call on Saturday night, I probably wouldn't have remembered to check it before racing on Sunday.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Does anyone know where I can rent a Cherry Picker?

Chris

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    Does anyone know where I can rent a Cherry Picker?
    I think I saw one at 'Nation Rents' (in front of Lowe's stores).

I rent mine from Rent Stop or something like that. It shouldn't cost more than $30/day. I just called around different rental shops from the yellow pages til I found a place that has them.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I rented mine from Nations, but now I wish I just bought one. I think it was $30 for 24 hrs and you have to rent it twice so $60. I think you can buy one new for about $120 and then you own it.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Yep...Looks like you can buy one for $119 from MaxTool.

(Harbor Freight wants $199)

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    (Harbor Freight wants $199)
    Ugh...

Well, if you pick up the one that Titus suggested you could make rental money off of the rest of us! It would pay for itself!

I'd give you $20 to use it if/when the time comes that I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I'd give you $20 to use it if/when the time comes that I need it.
    Same here... when I install Titus' supercharger in my car, I'll be doing the tapped oil line... which, I believe, requires pulling the motor.

Shipping was like $112.....

If I could find one locally for $100-120 I would do it. The one at Harbor Freigt is like $199....

Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast