Thread: Hallett stories......

Default Hallett stories......

Share stories and pictures. Let us live vicariously through you. I went for 9 or 10 years in a row. Now I've missed the last 3
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

We have a ton of pics to share, but just gotta find time to upload them.

Running CW on Friday was a nice change. The track is trickier in that direction, so it was like a different track and made the extra day worth it.

Great weather. The track was damp for the first 1.5 sessions on Friday, but that was fine since I was still learning the CW line. After that, sunny and warm!

The people there just continue to be so great!

Were there really only 35 participants or so?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Were there really only 35 participants or so?
    Yes. That was Connie's count. On Friday, there were two groups. Group 1 and Group 2, He He. Group 1 was the people that had run CW last year. In the first session, I would call it wet, not damp, at least four, and maybe six of the eight in the group went off at the exit of 7, headed to 6. Bob, the track boss, was not happy. As jrj512 said, the track dried quickly. By the end of the day, with seven 30 min sessions, I felt like I had some of the turn figured out. (I hope they don't move that red truck before next year.) I was able to drop my best time by about 4 seconds over last year's one session. I'm sure the vote for next year was "Two days, Two ways."

My car ran great for the entire two days. I got 63 laps on Saturday, but I can't find my timing sheet from Friday. So, I'm guessing that I got 80 or more laps on Friday.

Not everyone's car ran all weekend. One guy's car broke during the first session on Friday, so he went home Friday morning. At least 3 other cars saw lots of wrenching time, some got back out, some didn't.

George Walker was there with this old car and his new red Release Edition ND. He ran the ND in the first session after lunch on Saturday. That is a really nice looking car. George said that his was the only manual of the six that came in on the truck.

Start planning for next year, Sept. 9-10.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67