Thread: MSR track #2 update

Default MSR track #2 update

Looks as though the drainage/culverts are complete. There is also a BIG mountain of dirt up top for?????? HILL CLIMB????? They are grading the track, so you can really see it now. Much different than the original layout, but definitiely a Miata course! I figure it should be ready for "Miatas at the Ranch IV" late this Fall :)

Merv
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I can't wait!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yes!!! Hadn't missed one yet.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Jack is now saying it will be ready by Thanksgiving. That's getting into some mighty cold weather. What do ya'll think?
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Lots of good days in November and December. I drove most of the track in my truck the other day. I think I went backwards as the turns were off camber. It should be a MIATA DRIVERS DREAM!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Jack is now saying it will be ready by Thanksgiving. That's getting into some mighty cold weather. What do ya'll think?
    The weather in winter is a crap shoot but then again, the weather in Texas is ALWAYS a crap shoot.

Build it and we will come.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS
    Lots of good days in November and December. I drove most of the track in my truck the other day. I think I went backwards as the turns were off camber. It should be a MIATA DRIVERS DREAM!
    Mac, did you have any trouble getting over those huge mountains of rocks????? I was really tempted to take Dimples around, but thought better of it :)
    I walked it clockwise (backwards) Sunday evening and met up with Jack and Jimmy on their dirt bikes (with GPS) making final adjustments. He assures me that this is just the first cut and those off camber turns won't be when it's done. I absolutely love the track. It's gonna be a challenge because there are so many blind corners, and the hairpin up the hill may require Miatas to have a shot of NOX! Many of the curves will be non-events in a Miata, especially the esses. There are virtually no flat areas on the track. You're either climbing or descending. The tie-in to the original track links at pit-out and returns on the other side of Wagon Wheel. The speed over the hill may very well need some braking at Ricochet once the suspension settles. Yee Haa!

The only problem that I see is that visibility is severely limited. I suspect we are gonna need corner workers to run an event. Even with a second tower on the west end of the new grid, it will be tough to see. Otherwise, I can't wait! It is awesome. Thanks Jack.

Sweeet! Can't wait to try it out.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles