Thread: Speed Channel

Default Speed Channel

So what's up with Speed Channel, saw my first episode of Nascar Nation tonight, WTF was that!

I want that 1/2 hour of my life back!

I havent liked it since it went to speed channel. Its all nascar, all the time. they dont show any old racing movies anymore, or legends of motorsport. And I have to wake up early on a saturday to watch sports car revolution. Crappy. Ill get off my soap box now.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Yeah f1 repeat on Sunday night is gone so they can have 6 hours of Windtunnel. Then they started showing nascar nation every single day. F1 is on Friday night replay now. Nothing other than Nascar. Yesterday, NBS 24-7 ad was one, and they showed some crappy busch driver getting his hair cut. REALLY WHO FREAKIN CARES!! I watch Discovery and History much more now.

Texas Hardtails is another one of the new shows on speed, just from the comercials I have no desire to watch it. Here is how they descibe the show on SpeedTV.com
    A half-hour motorcycle-themed reality show spoof, more comedic than confrontational. Merging disparate elements from shows such as American Chopper and Curb Your Enthusiasm, the series is essentially an unscripted sitcom featuring real people playing themselves in real environments under fictional circumstances. At its center is nationally renowned custom bike builder Rick Fairless and his crew of family and friends at Strokers Dallas - a real-life bike shop and beer joint unlike any other. This ain't your daddy's motorcycle show.
    How about some new "Victory By Design" shows those rocked!

I wanna see WRC but never see it showing. Anyone know when and where I can see some Rally highlights? Got TIVO.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I rarely watch Speed anymore, I'm tired of seeing Nascar and MotoGP all the time.. I had almost forgotten that they used to show movies on it. Now the main show I watch is Top Gear on Discovery. Speaking of which, it comes on in 4 hours and 10 minutes
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

I really like NASCAR & keeping up with it, to a point ... but all the coverage & shows on SPEED is a bit of overkill. I do not watch 95% of the NASCAR shows on SPEED and I really wish they still had the variety from before the changeover.
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

I just wish they still showed some older racing movies. Lemans and Grand Prix are two of my favorites.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Yesterday, NBS 24-7 ad was one, and they showed some crappy busch driver getting his hair cut. REALLY WHO FREAKIN CARES!!
    Apparently a nation full of rednecks does (with apologies to Checker).

I haven't liked Speed TV since they changed the name from Speedvision. In addition to the crap mentioned above, they ditched this year's coverage of the Paris-Dakar Rally... so that they could bring us Waltrip and his buddies playing poker.

I watch OLN (which covered the Dakar this year) and Discovery a lot more than Speed. I'll still fip by Speed when I turn the TV on to see if they've got anything but NASCAR on, but 99.9% of the time they don't.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Checker
    I really like NASCAR & keeping up with it, to a point ...
    I'm in the same boat, but as time goes on I find myself loosing interest in NASCAR......

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I'm in the same boat, but as time goes on I find myself loosing interest in NASCAR......
    I'd have to agree. I used to be a hardcore fan, but I have not seen a race in over two months now & it has not really made much of a difference to me. Maybe my redneckishness is wearing off?!?! :-D
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

You have to remember the FOX owns Speed and is heavily invested in NASCAR coverage... they're just getting the most out of their TV deals. Which sucks for the rest of us...