Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miata's at the Ranch IV - track 'B' is a go!

I'll likely be in for whatever you guys decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Just so you know, Track 2 is completely setup for Miatas. Tight turns, narrow roadway - It should be a complete blast.
    Narrow roadway?????? It's 39' wide from start to finish!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Something to keep in mind, unlike the first track, there will be no instructors experienced with this track in December. It will take some time for the pros to get to know the new track.
    You're so negative. We will all learn together.......
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Talking

Well so far it looks like the folling kids are game to go play on the new track!
    1. POS
    2. Altiain
    3. 3Bean
    4. Kestrel
    5. Majik
    6. Checker
    7. gabkwong
    8. Evilspeeder
    Anyone else???

Well, I need tires and brake pads first... squeezing out a set of tires, brake pads, $220 track fee, and a hotel room might be a little difficult during gift shopping month. If we did February, it would allow me to spin the tires and brakes into x-mas gifts. Let see... I can get the wife the brake pads (she is always telling me to slow down anyway), and the tires are for my daughter, so I can make her a tire swing out of the old ones!

Put me down for Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    A hotel room for what? You got a little side action you're not telling the wifey about? You bastard!!
    Its an hour and a half each way... and I assume we would be starting early. I will do the drive for one day, but not for a weekender.

When I did the Drivers Edge out there, they pretty much made us get a hotel. They had a meeting at the track from 8pm-9pm Friday night for all green drivers, followed by a 7am Drivers meeting Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well so far it looks like the folling kids are game to go play on the new track!
    1. POS
    2. Altiain
    3. 3Bean
    4. Kestrel
    5. Majik
    6. Checker
    7. gabkwong
    8. Evilspeeder
    Anyone else???
    John Baker expressed an interest this weekend. So did lugnutjon.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm game.
    Let me know what you guys decide.

Depending on the details such as when the money is due, I "may" be able to swing it.

I wasn't trying to be negative. Just making an observation and remininding everyone that the instructors won't know this track as well as they did at previous track events.
    Anytime I can get track time is always a positive thing!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Don't forget those of us that are volunteering for corner work in December!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Add me to the list if it's in February. My December weekends are spoken for already.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Don't forget those of us that are volunteering for corner work in December!
    <---------
    "MerGyver Motorsports" for me
    How about "Team Face Puncher" for you?

hahahahaha - you like that avatar?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Talking

Count me in and I will let a couple of spec miata guys know as well....

So MadMerv do we have enough interested folk to make a go of this in December??

Default Please close this thread........

So MadMerv do we have enough interested folk to make a go of this in December??
    Well, it's like this.......we now have about twenty-two Miata drivers that are members at the Ranch, who can run any time they want. That reduces the "potential" entrants for an event. Chrsitmas and potentially cold weather reduce it even more. The new course has not yet been looked at by the insurer that we use, and when they do, I expect, due to the complexity and runoff concerns, that the cost will double, at least. Also, due to the above, this is not a course for anyone but experienced drivers at this stage of the game. Jack has yet to give us a date, likely because there is still curbing to be done, fences to be built, tire walls to be installed, grading in the runoff areas to be extended, and a second tower to be built, not withstanding the fact that the weather could delay any or all of this.

I guess you see where this is going........ Remember event three, when I wanted to give ya'll a taste of course one in the opposite direction on the second day? That direction is incrementally more difficult than what we are used to. You chose NOT to do that. This new course is even trickier, more blind hills to top, more elevation changes, and less runoff area in critical areas. Having walked the it four times now, and a slow lap in Sunny, I am concerned with the potential for inexperienced drives to get in over their heads much more easily than the other course. This is not something any of us want, therefore, I am putting this on hold until?????? Besides, if my Pro-MX-5 endeavor pans out, I won't have time to do this. My apologies for putting the bait out there, then taking it away, but I feel this is the right thing to do. Just remember, members, that you can invite guests, so maybe we just need to do more of that.
    Merv

Talking

How about just a Miata focus day on Course A??

Pretty Please!

How about just a Miata focus day on Course A??

Pretty Please!

You don't have to be a member of the ranch to put on a focus day.

MME can organize and put on their own event any weekend that is not booked by another car club. They like to have about twenty drivers @ 90-100 bucks a head to make it worth their while. That should be easy for you to achieve as a group. Not much to do but just get the cash from the drivers and give it to MSR. They handle everything else.

Next spring (once the time change occurs) get a reservation for a Saturday that your not smashing cones and you'll get your fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12