Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you have planned for Thanksgiving?

Question What do you have planned for Thanksgiving?

So what are you doing for Thanksgiving?

We are headed to my parents for Thanksgiving they live about 20 minutes from my house so no big travel this year.

Driving 500 miles to the middle of Kansas!

...in a rented Taurus!

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

We'll be spending Thanksgiving with friends and some of their family up in Highland Village. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ::Rooster:

The Thanksgiving family pack from Dickey's BBQ, enjoyed at my father-in-law's house in Lavon.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I'll be working...

Ewww... sorry to hear that Bean.

Katie and I will be spending a quiet day at home cooking a "traditional" turkey dinner/stuffing/baked sweet potatoes/etc...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    Ewww... sorry to hear that Bean.

Katie and I will be spending a quiet day at home cooking a "traditional" turkey dinner/stuffing/baked sweet potatoes/etc...
    No biggie... I'll work Turkey Day and have December off... not a bad trade in my book!

I'm refing a Thanksgiving hockey tournament instead of heading to OK with the family, so will be chillin with my friends family this time. But that's all good cause I get paid a lot for tournament games!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Meals tomorrow, then plan to bung a tent and a holdall in the Miata and head off to the Ozarks for the weekend
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

Picking up my parents from the airport this afternoon, then having Thanksgiving with them and some of family friends in said friends' new downtown FW high-rise condo.

The rest of the weekend will be spent painting rooms and reassembling the house since the carpet guys are done. Hopefully I can find time for my annual "post-Turkey Day feast" mountain bike ride at Grapevine Lake.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwizz
    Meals tomorrow, then plan to bung a tent and a holdall in the Miata and head off to the Ozarks for the weekend
    Kiliwizz: You are in the United States; please speak English

We have most of both our families coming to our house for the first time That will be 20+ very diverse personalities

mrsthang is going nutz and I'm being very supportive
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    mrsthang is going nutz and I'm being very supportive
    I hope you aren't supporting her with a ladder...

We are spending it together with both sets of 'rents and hoping it stays nice & friendly.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Spending it at Tanglewood, north of Pottsboro on Lake Texoma. My only day off is Thursday, so I'm gonna enjoy it. No turkey & stuffing, both grandmas are in the hospital right now.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    Spending it at Tanglewood, north of Pottsboro on Lake Texoma. My only day off is Thursday, so I'm gonna enjoy it. No turkey & stuffing, both grandmas are in the hospital right now.
    Cool, my friend has a lake house in Pottsboro!

Hope the grandmas get better.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Trina and I are driving up to Wichita Falls to spend it with her parents then we'll go to their lake house on Bridgeport for another Thanksgiving with their extended family.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'll be going over to my cousins house in Allen. It will be the first time I have seen my Aunt and Uncle since they returned from England a couple of months ago. My parents and brother, as well as some of the other cousins, will be there also. About 40 people in all.

:pig: is on the menu as well.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

ill be in carrollton/lewisville area. about 5 or so families there, so itll be packed! i dont know what the other side of the family os doing though, ill find out soon enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active
    :pig: is on the menu as well.
    :pig: is really good if cooked correctly. And by "correctly" I'm mean slowly over a hardwood fire...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    :pig: is really good if cooked correctly. And by "correctly" I'm mean slowly over a hardwood fire...
    Mmm... Bacon!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Hanging out with my girlfriend's family. My own parents are going out of town until Saturday afternoon, then I'll be hanging out with them for Saturday. I'm not sure about Sunday, it's open for whatever impromptu meets or gatherings that are close to Plano/Allen/Frisco.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast