Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new member.

Oil Changer

Default Another new member.

Ok here goes...

Well lets see. Besides the obvious car stuff, I have had my car for 2 yrs, and have only recently wanted to do stuff to it. So I started looking for the forums for information. So I found Miata.net and now ya'll. Now I'm here.

Fancy seeing you here.

Saw your posts on Miata.net
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

WELCOME! Where ya from?
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Welcome to the board, come out to an auto-x and meet us all sometime.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome! What kind of mod's do you have in mind?

And tell us a little bit about your Miata!

Oil Changer

Ok updated profile a bit....Sorry.

I live in Lewisville and drive a White 94. It's pretty much stock (I had to replace the top first.) but before X-mas I orderd lots of stuff from FM. (FM Stage 3 suspension (shock boots), with frame rails and butterfly brace, as well as their complete Super Pro bushing set. Wheels and Tires are next. You can't do all those mods and ride on steel wheels.

I had posted on miata.net looking for a shop to in stall some of this stuff for me. FM suggested a place in Round Rock down by Austin. Now, I love working on my own car, but this is too much to do at once for me. (I just got excited and bought too much at once I guess)

I was told that ya'll do Tech days every now and then, which wouldn't be a bad idea except that I don't want to be a Poser by registering, posting once and getting free assistance. So how about I make it out to a gtg and meet some of ya'll first?

Also I would love to go to an auto X and see what its all about.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I knew I'd had seen your ID somewhere before. LINKIE

Keep your eyes on the Impromptu Events and Events/Drives sections. I'm sure we'll be having a few more Tech Days during the offseason from Autocross. Or post one up for yourself and see how many folks may be available to help. We had 10-12 members at a Tech Day last week!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ99SS
    Miatamoto has some very nice in-car auto-x footage right Here. Gives you a pretty good idea, but nothing compares to the real thing.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I would love the chance to see the before and after affects of the frame rails and butterfly brace.. let me know when it goes down and I will be there!

Talking

I was told that ya'll do Tech days every now and then...
    Who told you that we did tech days! Oh yea that was me!

You got a place to hold a tech day?? If not I'm sure we will have something coming up shortly!

Welcome to MME!

I live in Lewisville
    YAY!

There are a few of us in Denton/Lewisville/Carrollton area
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Ok updated profile a bit....Sorry.

I live in Lewisville and drive a White 94. It's pretty much stock (I had to replace the top first.) but before X-mas I orderd lots of stuff from FM. (FM Stage 3 suspension (shock boots), with frame rails and butterfly brace, as well as their complete Super Pro bushing set. Wheels and Tires are next. You can't do all those mods and ride on steel wheels.

I had posted on miata.net looking for a shop to in stall some of this stuff for me. FM suggested a place in Round Rock down by Austin. Now, I love working on my own car, but this is too much to do at once for me. (I just got excited and bought too much at once I guess)

I was told that ya'll do Tech days every now and then, which wouldn't be a bad idea except that I don't want to be a Poser by registering, posting once and getting free assistance. So how about I make it out to a gtg and meet some of ya'll first?

Welcome to the group!
    Cool, I'm about to install the frame rails anyday now. Can't wait to feel the difference. Gary said the ppf brace made a huge difference so these should be great as well. Thinking about ordering the butterfly brace now.

Save the money and let us help you install everything. There's enough of us grease monkeys willing to help out for little more than a soda or beer!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

What they said - welcome from the
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Oil Changer

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    Welcome to the group!
    Cool, I'm about to install the frame rails anyday now. Can't wait to feel the difference. Gary said the ppf brace made a huge difference so these should be great as well. Thinking about ordering the butterfly brace now.

Save the money and let us help you install everything. There's enough of us grease monkeys willing to help out for little more than a soda or beer!
    Hey...Let me know when you do yours...i'll help for sure. Mine won't ship till "Sometime in early Jan." per FM rep. I guess the're out of stock on part of my order. But I could use the practice.

I had posted on miata.net looking for a shop to in stall some of this stuff for me. FM suggested a place in Round Rock down by Austin.
    Sounds like Dan Pedroza's shop.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Welcome to the forum!

Chances are we'll have another tech day in the near future. Or better yet, if you've got a garage and some basic hand tools, buy some beer and invite the crowd over! We're pretty handy with a few wrenches, and most of us are even housebroken!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey...Let me know when you do yours...i'll help for sure. Mine won't ship till "Sometime in early Jan." per FM rep. I guess the're out of stock on part of my order. But I could use the practice.
    When I get back from snowmobiling in Maine on the 9th, then I'd be glad to host a tech day. May be a drive for some though, over at edge of Garland & Mesquite (635 meets 30). We could get all of your suspension parts installed along with anything else someone has to do. My steering wheel installation kit should be in by then so I'll be doing that also. Have to replace a crankshaft too once I gather all parts, so tons of fun at my place eh!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Oil Changer

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Welcome to the forum!

Chances are we'll have another tech day in the near future. Or better yet, if you've got a garage and some basic hand tools, buy some beer and invite the crowd over! We're pretty handy with a few wrenches, and most of us are even housebroken!
    I live in an apartment sorry to say. No access to anything resembling a "garage" I don't think the complex would like 2-3 cars torn apart in the lot. Not that I care. But I'll still buy the beer!

Sounds like Dan Pedroza's shop.
    Its a place called John and Corkys.

Have to replace a crankshaft too once I gather all parts, so tons of fun at my place eh!
    Engine work too...man this sounds like fun. I'll take 2 days off! Woo Hoo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast