Thread: Where to purchase Hella E Codes?

Oil Changer

Default Where to purchase Hella E Codes?

Anyone know a local store that carrys these or will I have to purchase online?

I have e-codes but they aren't Hellas.

If you look in the back of a VW magazine and check out some of the advertiser's websites you can find amazing deals on e-codes. The old VWs use the same size lens as our NA Miatas.

Remember, in Europe all cars have to have the e-code lens dynamics. Thus you can get "generic" e-codes for under $10 each. Mine are a glass lens that take H4 bulbs.

Now what do you get from Hella for $50 more? I flat lens as opposed to curved. The light output and cutoff are nearly identical. A friend compared them with his Hellas and the only difference he could tell on the wall was the cutoff on the Hellas was just a bit sharper. He said, in his opinion, it wasn't worth paying $50 more and bought the generics for his other car.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    They're usually easier to find and cheaper online. Sammmy had them on his old NA, I believe...
    Yes I did.

put in the Hella E-Codes with the 55/60w bulbs. The difference from stock is amazing!

Go here and search for H6024A -
    http://www.rallylights.com/search_result.asp

I bought some of the cheapie Ebay clear euro lights and I've been very happy with them except for the cheap diffuser in front of the bulb. They have glass lenses with no lines in them.

I've even seen some with projector lenses recently.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Ahh I was thinking about the projector lenses, hell they're only like $28 shipped. On my old eclipse I installed some projectors, great bit of difference over the stock headlights, but. They just weren't like /real/ projectors, we have some non-HID projectors on our cadillac CTS and lexus, those beams send an incredibly even light at I'm guessing a 130-140 degree angle in the front of the car, the aftermarket ones I've had experience with offer a really narrow beam, 70-80degrees, sending little to no light to your sides, (basically only what you can only see out the front windshield is illuminated). Of course with foglights one shouldn't have a problem, right?
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I have e-codes but they aren't Hellas.

If you look in the back of a VW magazine and check out some of the advertiser's websites you can find amazing deals on e-codes. The old VWs use the same size lens as our NA Miatas.

Remember, in Europe all cars have to have the e-code lens dynamics. Thus you can get "generic" e-codes for under $10 each. Mine are a glass lens that take H4 bulbs.

Now what do you get from Hella for $50 more? I flat lens as opposed to curved. The light output and cutoff are nearly identical. A friend compared them with his Hellas and the only difference he could tell on the wall was the cutoff on the Hellas was just a bit sharper. He said, in his opinion, it wasn't worth paying $50 more and bought the generics for his other car.
    This is what I did for a grand total of $14 (it was a group buy)
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Does anyone have a link, or do I need to go buy a VW magazine

All im getting from searching the board is why Hellas are better...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Go buy a mag...
    ...or bring a piece of paper and pen to Barnes and Noble and get the info you want without buying the mag.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)