Thread: 1000hp e30

Default 1000hp e30

917 bhp on 98 unleaded the flywheel. 1037 hp straight up.> 1014hp on the flywheel with racegas.>

here's the dynorun> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJr0fxZE50w
    Guy also owns the strongest S50 @ 1129hp and the strongest M20 @ 1090hp on the planet.

That is the best car in the world.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    That is the best car in the world.
    quoted for truth.

Definitely not the best driver in the world.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Definitely not the best driver in the world.
    probably some wack ass german behind the wheel...lulz.

What do you think it runs in the quarter?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    Looks like may be a little under tired. I'll guess something like a 15 sec qtr with a 150 mph trap speed.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    more than you can afford, pal.

I'd kill every one of you for a set of those speedline's in 15x8 and bronze.

That's ridiculous. We use similar sized turbos on 78-liter turbodiesels making three times more hosepower and ten times as much torque. Can you say boost lag?

Dyno queens don't impress me. It doesn't take skill to throw gobs of money at a car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    That's ridiculous. We use similar sized turbos on 78-liter turbodiesels making three times more hosepower and ten times as much torque. Can you say boost lag?

Dyno queens don't impress me. It doesn't take skill to throw gobs of money at a car.
    Jealousy is an ugly thing...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

That's ridiculous. We use similar sized turbos on 78-liter turbodiesels making three times more horsepower and ten times as much torque. Can you say boost lag?

I'm with Altiain. I do like it's a bmw and you never see them with much power. Much as in over 1000, you have to remember i see 3000+hp monsters at the motorplex. The car is different but they should of at least made it to where it can handle the power imo. Those rims are too big and the tires are too small for that kind of power. Nice car none the less.

I bet it runs a good 45 minutes before something breaks.

so who's seen the dyno graph to know about this lag?

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Let a playa play.

Back in the day (late 80s), when the F1 formula was 1.5L turbo, BMW ran stock block short stroke 4-bangers (the motor that originally came in that E30). They made something like 1100 hp in qualifying trim, and dialed them back to about 950-1000 for race day. As far as the upper limit for that motor, when they cranked up the boost on the dyno, they made somewhere north of 1200 hp - at least that's as far as they dyno would go. So... BMW does not eff around with their motors.

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    so who's seen the dyno graph to know about this lag?

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Let a playa play.
    All you have to do is listen to the pulls in the video to tell there is some serious lag. Sounds something like this:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWW

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    All you have to do is listen to the pulls in the video to tell there is some serious lag. Sounds something like this:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWW
    I never watched the vid. Work suring.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Looks like may be a little under tired. I'll guess something like a 15 sec qtr with a 150 mph trap speed.
    And after watching the video and seeing that they needed 3 guys sitting in the trunk to maintain traction on the dyno, I am a little more confident in my 15s @150mph prediction. Unless of course the track safety guy lets him launch with the 3 German guys still in the trunk.

+1
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan