Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: idle problems

course i have to order it and it prob wouldnt be here till after my 2free weeks of inspection are up ... is there a way to just rig it till the part gets here if that is the case?
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Might be worth a drive down to Mazda Heaven in Mansfield. Give them a call and see if they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by synaptik View Post
    course i have to order it and it prob wouldnt be here till after my 2free weeks of inspection are up ... is there a way to just rig it till the part gets here if that is the case?
    If it tests bad, I suppose you could get a resistor to put on the connector in place of the ISC, then block off the tube in the ISC that the AIR passes through. Only problem is that your car would idle low when cold which could cause it to stall. One the car was warmed up, it should run perfectly though.

or talk wags into pulling the one of that engine he has ... but i think he wanted to keep it complete he is a lot closer to me
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()

i really only need it to be ok long enough to get past the inspection then can go back the way it is till i get the time/money to correctly fix

you guys are the bomb ... i am sure i will need a ton of help for a while from you guys over time

you guys are the bomb ...
    OK... I gotta ask... why do you keep replying to yourself in these threads? If you have more to say, you can always hit the button...

Sorry, but it's getting a little annoying...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

pardon me dave ....

i will try to pay more attention

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034
    Some people are easily annoyed.
    yes... we are...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    yes... we are...
    that...could be...bad for one's health...

ha no joke ..... maybe someone needs a

I saw one (ISC valve) today on a miata at ACE Auto Recycler which is alot closer than Mansfield.
    Ace Auto Recycler USA-TX(Ft.-Worth) E-mail 1-800-838-9901 / 1-817-222-9999

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I saw one (ISC valve) today on a miata at ACE Auto Recycler which is alot closer than Mansfield.
    Ace Auto Recycler USA-TX(Ft.-Worth) E-mail 1-800-838-9901 / 1-817-222-9999
    thanks cam calling them now .... just got off the phone with them it is cheap but .... they are only open till 5 today and not open tomm and i cant get there today frickin sux too cause they only want $55 for it and i got the cash just have something to do till 9 tonight

***** I am prob out of line asking here but if anyone can pick it up for me i can either meet you tonight and pay you or come out tomm. i can pay $20 for your time :) let me know if you can *****
    Last edited by synaptik; 10-13-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Did you test the one on your car to confirm that's the problem? That's the first thing you need to do, then see if someone here can help you, or ebay. 55.00 isn't exactly a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Did you test the one on your car to confirm that's the problem? That's the first thing you need to do, then see if someone here can help you, or ebay. 55.00 isn't exactly a bargain.
    it is compared to the 250 for a new one ...... i couldn't get a consistent reading at all on mine. the gauge just went nutz ... my neighbor (whose gauge i borrowed) said it should never do that .... i checked EBAY none only for the 1.8, same with Jim and the fixit guy with the ebay store ... someone pmd me a couple different names and numbers but when i called them all they had was for the 1.8 not the 1.6 like i have , i did notice something else that struck me as wierd though i have to pull my clutch almost all the way out to get the rpm to come down , if i did that in my z it would stall,

i did in my looking over today find a hose with a hairline crack in it but could not feel anything escaping from it with the car running, to be safe i will be taking the throttle body assembly apart and cleaning it tomm along with replacing all the hoses leading up to it just to be safe, maybe i will luck out
    Last edited by synaptik; 10-13-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Spray WD40 on the hose with the crack and see if it affects your rpm's. Check your other vacuum hoses this way as well.

i did in my looking over today find a hose with a hairline crack in it but could not feel anything escaping from it with the car running, to be safe i will be taking the throttle body assembly apart and cleaning it tomm along with replacing all the hoses leading up to it just to be safe, maybe i will luck out
    In the case of vacuum leaks, there will not be any air escaping. In fact, the air will be sucked in through the crack. Be sure to check the brake booster hose, as this is a major component of the vacuum system. Any cracks in vacuum hoses will definately leak. The small ones are really cheap to replace, so it may not be a bad idea to get 6 feet of hose at vato zone and replace anything you can reach.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

well i checked all the hoses again .... and the one i saw the crack in was a coolant hose , found out the hard way . all the ones leading to the throttle body are crack free , pulled off throttle body and cleaned it out a little bit it wasn't that bad, had vatozone test my tps they said it was fine so. on the bottom of the throttle body assembly the IAC box was all melted up ... not a good sign so i guess i will be ordering one from vatozone unless anyone has an extra

.... also i pulled the engine codes and i got a 17 ... engine detects to rich or too lean ...

damnit cleaning the TB just made it worse .... my IAC is on order though should be here within a few days ...
    Last edited by synaptik; 10-15-2007 at 11:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12