Thread: Lose anything lately?

Default Lose anything lately?

No, not those few(?) pounds you've been trying to lose... and your rear is attached so you are ok there...

I picked up a couple of metal detectors over the summer & have been having fun with them.

If you lost a ring or something you need/desire back then just let me know and I can help ya find it.

Let the geek flaming begin...

Oh, and you can't use 'em in Texas State Parks... It's a Class A Misdemenor... If you lost a ring there you are SOL. Corps of Engineers parks are OK.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Dunno...

Was told it had to do with some people salvaging a sunken treasure ship off the coast...

It's an idiotic law.

At least they could do is something like allow it for "beaches, underwater, and non-turfed areas that are not of archeological or historical significance. Other areas at Park Ranger's discretion"

Hell, they could sell special day use permits and make money off of it!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Well, according to state code, going nude and metal detecting are both equal offenses.

If you ask me, I'd rather see you metal detecting with your clothes on rather than the alternative.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

According to the urban legend, some guy "discovered", unearthed and removed a whole truck load of Civil War munitions at a state park and was selling them. Not only did he have to give them back, they made him put them back in the hole the way he found them and return the site to it's original condition.

If you lost your great-great-great-grandmother's souvenir ring from her ride on the Mayflower, I'll bet the park rangers would let you look for it in the park - with supervision.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region