Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other hunters here?

Default Any other hunters here?

Anyone else hunt?

I'm still a newb, this is my first season.

I sat in a blind down in Fredericksburg for a good part of the weekend. I saw one good 8 pointer, but he'll be a better pick next year.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

o thought you meant my warcraft character

If you're sitting in a blind, you're not hunting... You're waiting.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Anyone want to go snipe hunting?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post

I did more than just sit in the blind...

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post

Is this you, pictures kinda blurry. Those are snipe though.

Chris

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Yep, I live on 20 acres and my back yard is my hunting ground. Here is one small buck that will be much better in a year or two. I just wish that others would let the little bucks grow for a few years. My deer "blind" is my third story deck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Not me, but I was right there when the shot was fired, 150 yards 1 shot to the neck, 416 Rigby. Hunting Cape is one of the most exciting/scary things I have ever done

2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Not me, but I was right there when the shot was fired, 150 yards 1 shot to the neck, 416 Rigby. Hunting Cape is one of the most exciting/scary things I have ever done

I'm going to take a WAG that is a Cape Buffalo?
    Cool.

Chris

Also, I generally hunt with a Hoytt XL2000 compound bow. So its really hunting, just not sitting. You need to bring them in to within about 30 yards to make a humane bow shot.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    Yep, I live on 20 acres and my back yard is my hunting ground. Here is one small buck that will be much better in a year or two. I just wish that others would let the little bucks grow for a few years. My deer "blind" is my third story deck
    You are almost as cool as Ted Nugent, but he has a mobile blind that raises and lowers with hydraulics and his wife cleans his kill.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    You are almost as cool as Ted Nugent,

I will never be as cool as Uncle Ted. I do love his show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post

I have the perfect flashlight for it.

http://www.maglite.com/rechargeable.asp

Seems like the only time I ever see any game is when I'm not hunting. Saw a 6 pointer on our place this weekend while I was filling the feeder. Gun was in the truck naturally.

Blog Entries

If he shot a .416 Rigby in his shirt sleeves, they both took a shot in the neck. What's the first thing that goes through your brain after you have shot a defenseless animal? The recoil impulse of the rifle. Man is a predator.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    If he shot a .416 Rigby in his shirt sleeves, they both took a shot in the neck. What's the first thing that goes through your brain after you have shot a defenseless animal? The recoil impulse of the rifle. Man is a predator.
    Not sure what the first thing through your brain, but Cape Buffalo and not what I would call defenseless
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Seems like the only time I ever see any game is when I'm not hunting. Saw a 6 pointer on our place this weekend while I was filling the feeder. Gun was in the truck naturally.

I wanna come hunt out there.
    99 Miata Black

I used to hunt, but after I took my first deer I lost interest in venison... the challenge was gone

Since then all I've done is a little crow hunting. I want to get into some varmint hunting soon, though... we should organize an MME varmint hunt!

Wait until I pick up a decent rifle, though. I've been concentrating on getting the handguns out of the way. Next month I'm probably picking up some sort of .223

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Not sure what the first thing through your brain, but Cape Buffalo and not what I would call defenseless
    True dat... those things are dangerous!!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast