Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another Clutch install 01-24-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    P.S.- people are welcome to hang out and shoot some pool in the house after the car is done.
    I guess this didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I guess this didn't happen.
    Yep... while Beans clutch took 5-6 hours, this one took 14. There was a lot of extra crap to remove and re-install from BR's car, such as the Butterfly brace, PPF brace, header heat shield, etc etc etc. There was the broken header that had to be dealt with. Many bolts were pretty buggered up, so trickyrix spent a good deal of time on the bench grinder. The transmission and flywheel bolts were so tight, they laughed at 2 different impact wrenches. Then there was the issue with the breaker bar operator failing to utilize lefty-loosy. It was a rough day, but thankfully we had some dedicated grunts in Creek and HudsonHawk that did a great job helping out under the car with BR.

Yes. Whoever did the last clutch must have escaped from the LA Zoo gorilla exhibit.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

There was a lot of extra crap to remove and re-install from BR's car, such as the Butterfly brace, PPF brace, header heat shield, Christmas lights, etc etc etc...
    Fixed it for ya.

I've got someone mechanics gloves. Describe them and they are yours.

Talking

Did I mention that you didn't need to be present yesterday to win?*

*Only one entry per person. Contest winner must correctly describe brand, color, size, and condition. Taxes and delivery fee may apply. Family members and employees of Titus Garage Inc. are not eligible to win.

Blue with oil soaked leather and white letters?

They are mine. They are worn out and can be thrown away. I am going to buy a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    You can tell we were tired because we were getting silly towards the end.
    I'm convinced it was the "oregano" on the second round of pizzas...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Blog Entries

I had a great time, it was a real comedy of errors. The Keystone cops got nothing on us. I enjoyed BR's Freudian slip of the wrench immensely. I don't think anything else will fit under that car unless it's a full length belly pan. Aluminum drive shaft maybe....or that really cool carbon fiber.
    I think BR needs to pledge one free beer to the helpers, at random, for every time he stalls the car until he gets used to that super light clutch pack.

I am hoping that the starter gear noise is just the flywheel and clutch teeth getting to know each other and that they will soon make friends. If they don't and the starter has to be replaced let me know. If the flywheel gets buggered, who are you again?
    Last edited by creek; 01-25-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Um... by the way, I decided to wash the scuzz off my car today, and I realized that we probably shouldn't have set up the power-washing station so close to the cars in the high wind. Mine was covered in a film of oily gunk (give it up for the PPF brace!).

Sorry about that...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Um... by the way, I decided to wash the scuzz off my car today, and I realized that we probably shouldn't have set up the power-washing station so close to the cars in the high wind. Mine was covered in a film of oily gunk (give it up for the PPF brace!).

Sorry about that...

Sorry Rick.
    ...and across the line.

Sorry Rick.
    No worries... just wanted to give Paul and John and Todd the heads up that their cars/trucks/Minis might be scuzzed up. My bad.

How's the starter working out? Is it playing nice with the new flywheel yet?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

William,

Don't worry about the 500 mile break-in, just have fun. Break-in means don't drive like AJ for a while or perhaps never. As for the starter issue, not sure what has happened and why it would be different unless some how you did not mount it back in straight. We always clean up the starter and regrease it before we put it back in, thay can get caked up pretty good from clutch dust. Your installation time is not uncommon which is why we charge what we do for a clutch installation. Sometimes you get lucky and just a few small issues, but the older cars always seem to have one to many bolts that do not want to come off nicely. Glad you are up and running.

In about 50-100 miles, give me your feedback on the Motul trans fluid. Every car we have used it in and customers who we have sold it too have felt a difference in shifting. The extra Ester base, slick agent in synthetics, takes a little time to imbed itself but shortly thereafter nice improvement. We prefer the Motul over the Red Line or Mobil do to the increase Ester Base.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    No worries... just wanted to give Paul and John and Todd the heads up that their cars/trucks/Minis might be scuzzed up. My bad.

How's the starter working out? Is it playing nice with the new flywheel yet?
    My truck is so dirty I doubt I would notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    My truck is so dirty I doubt I would notice the difference.
    +2

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Blue with oil soaked leather and white letters?

They are mine. They are worn out and can be thrown away. I am going to buy a new pair.
    I'm sorry, but you failed to include the correct brand and size. I am afraid that concludes your one entry.

Anyone else want to take a shot at the gloves?

Car is running great. No starter noises. No killing the motor either. I think I may need to adjust the clutch pedal though.
    ...and across the line.

Car is running great. No starter noises. No killing the motor either. I think I may need to adjust the clutch pedal though.
    When we got done bleeding it, I felt some slack at the top of the travel.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234