Thread: NTAXS - Winter Series

Default NTAXS - Winter Series

I think the newly formed NTAXS should host a Winter Series this year. Start it when the others end and end it when the others start. First prize is a box of Popsicles. I retain all copyright and intellectual property for this idea.

Could run a R-comp class and a street tire class based on SCCA PAX.
    Last edited by ken o; 01-28-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I think the newly formed NTAXS should host a Winter Series this year. Start it when the others end and end it when the others start. First price is a box of Popsicles. I retain all copyright and intellectual property for this idea.

I say we make it interesting and have everyone provide 2 one gallon jugs of water as part of the entry fee to be poured on the course the night before.

I think the newly formed NTAXS should host a Winter Series this year. Start it when the others end and end it when the others start. First price is a box of Popsicles. I retain all copyright and intellectual property for this idea.

Most of the off season this year has been about 70 degrees!

+1 on the Popsicle trophy!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

I retain all copyright and intellectual property for this idea.
    You're too late. I proposed the same thing at the last meeting. Where were you?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm all for a winter series, but I first need to get everything going. If this season's NTAXS events have good attendance and everything is cool, then I will certainly consider starting next season in January.

I want nothing to do with any Popsicles that you bring, Ken. I can only imagine where they've been.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    You're too late. I proposed the same thing at the last meeting. Where were you?
    Documentation?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I say we make it interesting and have everyone provide 2 one gallon jugs of water as part of the entry fee to be poured on the course the night before.
    Do you autocross?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I'm all for a winter series, but I first need to get everything going. If this season's NTAXS events have good attendance and everything is cool, then I will certainly consider starting next season in January.

I want nothing to do with any Popsicles that you bring, Ken. I can only imagine where they've been.
    I don't think you're comparing apples to apples. Attendance while competing with other clubs will not be the same as when you are the only club. It's like the fat chick at 2AM. She has no competition.

Don't fear the popsicle.

Driver

If there was an autox this weekend (nice weather!) I bet that people would be there... I mean it's been TWO months!

The problem is that it is such a crap shoot that you could end up damaging your club’s reputation, especially when it does not yet have one. It’s easy to say that two weekends ago would have been a great weekend for an AX because it’s all hindsight. It’s also easy to say on Friday that Saturday would be a great day for a race. But try to plan an event a month or even two weeks prior to the event. In the summer, you have heat and rain. In February, you have warm, cold, rain, ice, sleet, and so on. There are too many reasons to cancel an event. Now imagine the NTAXS, which has yet to have an event, scheduling something for two weeks from now only to find out a few days before that it will be 40 degrees and rainy. We would have to cancel the event, which damages the club’s dependability. Once we can establish ourselves as a well run, dependable, safe, and fun organization, then we can start playing some craps with winter events and handing soiled Popsicles.

Talking

The problem is that it is such a crap shoot that you could end up damaging your club’s reputation, especially when it does not yet have one. It’s easy to say that two weekends ago would have been a great weekend for an AX because it’s all hindsight. It’s also easy to say on Friday that Saturday would be a great day for a race. But try to plan an event a month or even two weeks prior to the event. In the summer, you have heat and rain. In February, you have warm, cold, rain, ice, sleet, and so on. There are too many reasons to cancel an event. Now imagine the NTAXS, which has yet to have an event, scheduling something for two weeks from now only to find out a few days before that it will be 40 degrees and rainy. We would have to cancel the event, which damages the club’s dependability. Once we can establish ourselves as a well run, dependable, safe, and fun organization, then we can start playing some craps with winter events and handing soiled Popsicles.
    Call it a test & tune!

Well put! Totally agree!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Never cancel.
    Snow, we drive.
    Rain, we drive.
    Cold, we laugh at the cold.

Pre-pay no refunds.
    It is the Winter Series.
    It will be cold.
    Stop being a va-jrj.

Marketing, "Grab your snowballs and drive the Winter Series."

"Grab your snowballs and drive the Winter Series."
    I like that.

BTW, you should get Soiled Popsicle Racing decals.

I like that.

BTW, you should get Soiled Popsicle Racing decals.
    Club fund raiser! Quick before ken copyrights it!
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Amen, hail to the chief
    I learned this the hard way.....

Take all of your valuables out of your car at night. This includes taking the mounting hardware off of your windshield or dash and hiding the power supplies. I lost over $ 1,000 to a thief with no hope of recovering my items and to top if off they smashed my window in the rain and my truck got soaked. Let my loss be your learning experience.