Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOWDY

Default HOWDY

HI EVERYBODY!
    MY NAME IS STEPHEN. I AM THE YOUNG GUY THAT IS ALWAYS AT SCCA EVENTS WITH ATAIM. OR AS SOME OF YOU MAY REMEMBER ME AS THE GUY THAT OUT DROVE HIM IN HIS OWN CAR TO WIN THE NOVICE CLASS AT THE BUS LOT. LOL. HE'LL LOVE READING THIS!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome Speedracer! Did you and Ataim install the FM front sway-bar yet on the 'topless' car?

Learn to use your [shift] key ya punk!

Welcome to the Madness! :P

Welcome to our little corner of insanity!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Default Re: HOWDY

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER
    HI EVERYBODY!
    MY NAME IS STEPHEN. I AM THE YOUNG GUY THAT IS ALWAYS AT SCCA EVENTS WITH ATAIM.
    Oh now I remember you! You were the kid with the monkey!

:P

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Feel welcome yet SPEEDRACER ?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome to the madness, Speedracer.

Now, a quick lesson in online etiquette - typing in all caps is the digital equivalent of yelling all the time. We'll let it slide for the first post, but please learn to use the "caps lock" key, located on the left-hand side of your keyboard. Thanks for playing.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome Speedracer! Did you and Ataim install the FM front sway-bar yet on the 'topless' car?
    No, I spent too much time warming up after driving it to my house last night to install it. Lol. I'm starting to wonder how much weight the heater components took off??

Thank you all for the weird.....but warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you all...well...most of you I am currently looking for a miata and hope to soon get one to replace the mustang in the garage. That is if we get Ataim's car out.

the heater core weighs like a pound at most. i have one out in the garage and it is light.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

heh, heat and ac is worth the weight, plus makes boost more appreciated.... or wanted
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Yeah all of this is true....However, when a miata looks this beaten up you should only take the same approach we are. Which quoted by Carrol Shelby "If it don't make it go faster....take it off" had alot to do with our approach. It's not like we drive the car every day and most of the time it is driven by choice not chance and the lack of amenities makes it feel more like a true race-bred sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRACER
    Yeah all of this is true....However, when a miata looks this beaten up you should only take the same approach we are. Which quoted by Carrol Shelby "If it don't make it go faster....take it off" had alot to do with our approach. It's not like we drive the car every day and most of the time it is driven by choice not chance and the lack of amenities makes it feel more like a true race-bred sports car.
    You and me both, brother! You and me both.

Hell, 3Bean has followed that motto so closely that he decided to remove all the gauges from operation on his car. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

kids, kids, kids....

And also, taking crap off is cheap....something we can all appreciate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast