Thread: Recycling...

Default Recycling...

I know most Autoparts store take back old oil but what about other automotive fluids? What do you do with your old...

Oil Filters
    Brake Fluid
    Anti-freeze
    ATF
    Gear Oil
    Fuel/Fuel Filters
    Brake Pads
    Brake Cleaner
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

let me see.........

toilet
    sink
    gutter
    over the fence
    or i just dig a hole then fill it back up.
    sometimes i even sell it to the crackheads down the street

but really......i usually do all my stuff at a friends house then he takes it to his work and dumps it. he's a mechanic.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I take my old oil filters to one of those quick-change places. They usually have a big bin outside specifically for them. I then sell my old fluids to POS at a small discount!

I just put it all in the same container and dump it at AutoZone.

BTW. AutoZones Website says, "Every AutoZone store accepts used batteries for recycling and 95% of our stores accept used motor oil and other used fluids. See your closest AutoZone store for details."

I just throw away the oil filters, after I drain them.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I just put it all in the same container and dump it at AutoZone.

I just throw away the oil filters, after I drain them.
    Ditto here.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm confused.

My dog likes used anti-freeze, it's kinda sweet.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    My dog likes used anti-freeze, it's kinda sweet.

Chris
    Should you have said, "My dog liked used anti-freeze, it's kinda sweet.

I guess I am a lazy bastard. I called our city sanitation department and was informed that they will send out a special collection truck for the stuff. Oil, battery, tires... pretty much anything you put out there. Just set it out by the curb and the trash man will call the truck. :)
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Naa, he only drank about half a gallon. After drinking the used turbo Mobil 1, I think he's built up a pretty good tolerance.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I guess I can just pour the stuff in the UTA recyclable bins then....

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    I guess I am a lazy bastard. I called our city sanitation department and was informed that they will send out a special collection truck for the stuff. Oil, battery, tires... pretty much anything you put out there. Just set it out by the curb and the trash man will call the truck. :)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    Naa, he only drank about half a gallon. After drinking the used turbo Mobil 1, I think he's built up a pretty good tolerance.

Chris
    If he lives, he ought to run cool and smooth
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region