Thread: What do you think?

Default What do you think?

Mazda Crossport.

What do ya think, fellas? If they put in a nice engine (please... don't underpower this one too ), and kept it reasonably priced, I'd be tempted. I suppose RWD is too much to hope for , but maybe AWD? It'd just be nice to have a small SUV that offered more emphasis on the sport side of the equation. As I see the concept, the Crossport is to the "Cute Ute" segment what the Inifinti FX is to the "Normal-sized SUV" segment.

But I'll confess: I actually like the Infiniti FX... all but the $45-50k price tag.

I like the looks of the FX35/45 as well, and the Crossport looks good. On the other hand, (like the FX35/45), it doesn't look like it will offer any more utility than, say, a 3 hatchback, but it will cost more to own an maintain and offer less fuel efficiency. At least Nissan/Infiniti doesn't offer any mid-size wagon alternatives that they're shooting in the foot with the FX35/45.

Then again, if all I were looking for was space and utility, I'd buy a wagon. If I wanted something to tow, I'd buy a real SUV or a truck, so all of these car-based, crossover 'utes don't really appeal to me that much anyway.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, good point. While it looks cool, it doesn't really offer anything new or different.

It looks like an RX8 and a Murano had a kid!

I would be interested in it if it had 5 seats, but buckets in the back seat can be limiting.

Does it have suicide rear doors like the RX-8? I don't see any rear door handles.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

its a concept, so who knows.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    Does it have suicide rear doors like the RX-8? I don't see any rear door handles.
    Perhaps they slide?
    Nah... it's been Overhauled (Foose and crew always put on those handle-less, remote door latches)...