Thread: 1.6 to 1.8 swap

Default 1.6 to 1.8 swap

The weather is supposed to be decent the next few days so Ataim and I are going to do the swap on the topless car. We intend to do the pull of motor on Fri. evening and swap interchangebles over that night if time is left. If not we will pick back up Sat. morning and complete the install and hopefully if all goes well it will be done in the afternoon. If anybody would like to witness or help with this project that would be great. I'll have liquid refreshments on hand for those who do. PM if you are interested and I'll reply with my address and # if you get lost. I'm located in west Fort Worth by the lake.

Hey give me a call and I'll give ha a hand

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Looks like fun. I will come by on Friday night!

Default swap

I PMed, but I got nothing back? Is the swap still on?

Mechanically inclined minds need to know.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw

Yes its still on. Come on by if you want. Monkey is not to bright, I'll pm you with directions.

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw

Rather disturbed......I have no new messages

I received the PM, Excitement building!
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Anybody else want to join you are welcome to........also we'll have grab bags of extra parts

The swap is going good so far......other than rubber motor mounts and hooking up the oil cooler everything has been cut and dry. Kags and Screaming Screw came by and lended a hand and made things go smoother.......not to mention bumping up the enjoyment level. I would like to post my thanks to them and their help. We'll be continuing Sat. at 10am if anybody has the time to share a laugh or lend a hand. PM for directions or phone number if anybody is interested in being a part of PART 2. Still have lots of parts left over that need to be gone.......

Sooooo......

Is it soup yet?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

well? how far did you guys get?

The motor is in and everything is a go. We can start the car but the fuel cuts after running for a minute. there is an electrical connection that is hanging that we don't know where it goes and I think that is it, just don't know where it plugs in. Where's 3BEAN when ya need him. lol

Great to hear! Where are the pics at?

Monkey got a little excided this morning. I did a search over on the pointy board (why is it called the pointy board?) and found that the ground for the maf is probably at fault. Neither he or I reattached it. Sooooooooooo this afternoon at luch we'll go do that. I betcha that it works after connecting that ground. I took it off and remember tucking it up out of the way, and out of sight

Thanks again to Scream and Kags for the help on friday night and Kags again on saturday. He even went to the dealership to fetch an o-ring for the water outlet housing thing of a mig.

Pick are here on my computer and trying to find a way to upload them for viewing.

p

Just email them to me at [email protected] and I will host them. I will have to do it from the house, so it will be later tonight before I can put them up.

Chris

Here are the pictures. Sorry that I do not have the time to lable them

Just looked at them on Monkey's computer, the images are too wide, I'll Fix them in a moment.

http://a-wardsurveying.com/a-wardsurveying/img/quality%20workmanship.JPG

Just thought that i would update to say that the car IS running...............for now..............just needs a little tuning here and there. I would again like to thank all that helped (Kags and Screaming Screw) to make the swap easier and more enjoyable. I could not believe the difference the swap made! It is muuuuuuch faster and pulls harder than Ataim's 97'.