Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So I got out of Jail yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    I suspect that the reason 7 cops showed was because of a total lack of respect and belligerent attitude. When one is so willing to be so belligerent and is refusing to show ID, I'm guessing that the cop thought he was dealing with a criminal that had something to hide, thus called for backup.
    My tongue is bleeding from biting it so hard....geez. All I can think of is fireants. When one finds food, the rest swarm to get some.

What about the lack of respect this turd of a cop showed a stranded motorist? The cop's punk attitude is what initiated this entire incident in the first place.

If cops want to be treated with respect, they need to show respect to those they encounter. Period. When they behave like this, the forfeit any goodwill the citizenry may have for them.
    Oh, well I've got two sevens, and two sevens beats a frush.

T-boned in an accident caused by an illegal with no insurance and yet I had to produce my license. So did my passenger. Sure I could have escalated it, or at least my buddy could have, but to what end?

Next time tell them you're on your way to go vote.

Sorry Carazzie, I'm playing devils advocate here. I'm not excusing the cops behavior, in fact I think it was atrocious, however I'm stating that if he called for backup, it was probably because he expected things to escalate. I'd bet the first cop chilled out when his backup showed, and since the OP was already steamed up, the cop let him show his ass, giving the other cops the opportunity to witness it. Game over
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Just for the record, they had 7 cars there way before they asked me for my ID. They only asked for my ID so they could go fishing for warrents, plain and simple. (BTW: I had none)

And believe me when I know I could have handled it differently. But when the first words out of someones mouth is you have a very small window to move your bike/car/ect. and then preoccupy your time and handcuff you so you can't do it. Just to prove that they can and will tow your bike/car/ect. and impound it. Yeah, he lost my respect the moment he opened his mouth.

And nowhere does it say I have to be nice and curtious to someone being a jerk to me.
    Blah blah blah!

But you're such a chill guy. Crazy story. Sorry this happened Mike.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Musta been your "I love Arizona" bumper sticker...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Arizona is the Hotness :-P
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    But you're such a chill guy. Crazy story. Sorry this happened Mike.
    My thoughts exactly! I mean REALLY!? Sorry but I've been witness to harrassment too many times and even a victim of it on more than one occasion...one cop "threatened" to go turn on his camera, what he didn't know, my camera was already RUNNING! BUUWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He was already busted for his lack of demeanor. Seriously, as tax payers, we PAY a lot of money for training these individuals to protect and to serve. I BEGGED my nephew not to become a cop, but he did anyway...a few years on the streets dealing with some nasty people will turn the BEST PERSON into a jaded one that will take advantage of the meek whenever possible to get easy vindication for what somebody else has done to them. Dammit...I digress....

/\ + 993 on above posts Mike. No malice with discussions toward ya. I've known you too long for that. :) Let us know how it goes. BTW, did you take notes and write offending officer's name down for reference. Also, a complaint may be time sensitive, so get it in soon if you plan too. Best of luck man!
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

Maybe we need to have some funds in our Lemons account for bail money...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

You can lose a battle and still win the war. Be water.

"I will bend like a reed in the wind" - Paul Atreides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    "I will bend like a reed in the wind" - Paul Atreides
    :) My gamer tag is Muad'Dib.
    Mina II - '06 MX-5 GT Galaxy Gray Black interior & PR1
    Mina - 1997 STO #416 - RIP
    My Blog

heh. i'm somewhat surprised anyone knew what the hell i was referencing. i need to get all my books back, i loaned the entire set out... all the originals by frank herbert, and all the prequels and sequels by his son and kevin j anderson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Heard this said about marriage, but I guess it applies here too:
    Would you rather be right or happy?
    +1
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    It was an abuse of power, but why not just show them your ID? Maybe you matched the description of someone they were looking for? Hard to believe 6-7 squad cars would show up just to tow a bike.

Good luck, hope it all works out.
    good point Sam.
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

There was a young guy on a sport bike riding a wheelie down south bound LBJ near TI at 6:40 pm yesterday. IMO, sport bikes have a bad reputation for stunts like I saw yesterday, and the police can't catch them. You were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I'm guessing that when the cop pulled up next to you while you were on the phone and told you to move it you could have said something along the lines of "taking care of it right now...thank you" , maybe even throw in a "sir" and that would've been the end of it. I doubt he would have been back that way for awhile. But as mentioned before, words can't be unsaid, as I know from personal experience. Good luck with your fight.

When I drive my rail I get pulled over all of the time. I never ask why, I have my insurance and DL ready for them. Lots of yes sir, officer and a little kiss ass has kept me out of jail. I've never gotten a ticket (knock on wood) mostly they want to make sure that its ligit. I have no problem showing any ID. I also support Arizona.

Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast