Thread: vBulletin 4.1.7 and Mobile Style

Default vBulletin 4.1.7 and Mobile Style

Despite my better judgment, I have enabled the Mobile Style for public consumption. I have NOT enabled it for default selection since it is fundamentally flawed (no link to first unread post...)

If you'd like to try it, feel free to do so. It does have a handy "Full Site" link at the bottom of every page so you can switch back whenever. It certainly has potential, if they'd just fix that one huge, glaring defect...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Sweet! Can I set it up so it is only mobile style on my phone?

Yup. It uses a per-browser cookie to track which style you want to use. Or at least it's supposed to...
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I enabled it, since I often look at the forum on my phone, but now it won't let me get to the settings to change it back, and the mobile is enabled on my PC as well

I can go to the 'full site' link, and it appears to work, but as soon as I follow a link it goes back to mobile mode, and if I try to get to any of the settings it keeps telling me "We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style."

Anyone have any ideas?

Hmmm... don't change it in settings?

Try the "full site" link at the bottom of the page. There's a drop down box at the bottom left of the page for changing it per-browser rather than in settings.

Lifesaver. Got it, thanks, and apologies for the stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by p4R4d0x View Post
    Lifesaver. Got it, thanks, and apologies for the stupidity.
    No worries. It really shouldn't be available in the User settings. That seems to be a new "feature" so they're unfixing instead of fixing...