Thread: Vdub Classification

Default Vdub Classification

Ok, in the quest for more power, I'm going to be doing a motor swap in my Vdub. I want to AX this car and it will be on a modified suspension with a 2.0 hybrid motor. What class will that put me in. Stock class is HS, and Street Prepared is FSP, but with my planned mods, where will I end up? Will it be SM or a straight Prepared or Modified Class? I hate all these picky rules I have to follow.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Motor swaps take you straight beyond Street Prepared (except for some rare cases). Chances are you'll land in Street modified.

Here's a link to the current Street Modified class rules. The rule of thumb is that if it doesn't expressly say you can do something, then you can't do it. However, note that 18.1.A says "All Street Touring modifications are allowed", and 18.1.B says "All Street Prepared modifications are allowed", so if you can find it written in the SP, ST, or SM rulsets, then it's legal in Street Mod. Clear as mud?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yeah, I saw that, but its so not clear that I didnt know where I would end up. I guess I'll try my luck at SM when I finish the car. :)
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)