Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Tour at Mineral Wells

Default Match Tour at Mineral Wells

Time is getting short to register for the match tour next month at the mineral ring. Long course and high caliber competition. Show your texas pride and run this event.

I'll be there!

Registered a few weeks back :) I take it the course map will not be posted prior to the event, correct?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

RED ALERT, Coneheads!!

I just received an email from the National Office about the Texas Match Tour.

If entries don't meet a minimum 100 count by Friday at 11:59pm, May 31st, the event will be cancelled. The current entry count is 39. We need at least 61 more by this Friday at 11:59pm!!!

If you're planning to attend this event, STOP PROCRASTINATING!! Tell your friends, too!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Win money based on PAX times. What a novel concept.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Win money based on PAX times. What a novel concept.
    It is hardly novel nor is it unique to ER. There is serious change and contingency. Not 12pack money and it is on a decent site with an adult sized course.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    It is hardly novel nor is it unique to ER. There is serious change and contingency. Not 12pack money and it is on a decent site with an adult sized course.
    Whoa, Stevie Wonder. Getting a little angry aren't we?
    "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents"
    Neon Deion Sanders

Looks like if you win first place you can win your entry fee back, just like ER.
    Andy Cost

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bagging on the match tour. I think it is a great idea. My original post was just reinforcing the fact that folks like to win money and an index is a popular way to do it.
    Andy Cost

Yeah, I think there is a misunderstanding that ER and SCCA are in competition. They are quite good for each other, and serve the same audience, mostly. How bout we dial it back a notch there?

ER IS the only club you can currently compete for prize money in locally, but few of us attend solely for the $$. Its always about the competition.

Hopefully the Match Tour can generate the entries in the next couple days it needs to happen, or it will be a moot point.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 05-29-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

That's a lot of people to get registered in 2 1/2 days Like said with the Pro, please come out and represent our region so we can show the national office that we deserve to have two events!!

Edit: as of 6:08pm Wednesday, there are 47 entries.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I've been able to get the deadline extended to Monday morning, June 3rd at 8:00am. If at that point the entry level is still below 100, the National Office says they will have to cancel it.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I plan on being there in STR.

Is there gonna be free beer?
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    Is there gonna be free beer?
    silly boy... Of course!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Hmmm... I don't see what the problem is then. Thought I was on to something...
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ken_o View Post
    Is this like a Pro?
    Sort of. One course, 4 runs. Top 32 make it to Challenge, 16 do a last chance qualifier on Sunday, top 8 women get in, and a random draw of 8 remaining make up a 64 person bracket. IIRC, you get two runs per matchup to get a fast time, fastest based on index wins and moves to the next round.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    Whoa, Stevie Wonder. Getting a little angry aren't we?
    Not at all. Just pointing out the fact that it is not a unique concept. I am a member of er as well. Last match tour we attended there were serious product giveaways that exceeded entry cost as well. There are also tire and manufacturer contingency dollars.

So chill out and spend your energy registering for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Sort of. One course, 4 runs. Top 32 make it to Challenge, 16 do a last chance qualifier on Sunday, top 8 women get in, and a random draw of 8 remaining make up a 64 person bracket. IIRC, you get two runs per matchup to get a fast time, fastest based on index wins and moves to the next round.
    So if you are in the top 32 or bottom 16 you run on Sunday? If not you just paid $95 for 4 runs?

EDIT:
    4 runs on Saturday to make the 32 or 8 ladies. If you did not make the 32 you get 2 runs on Sunday to qualify for the 16 if you are not in the 32. If you don't make the 16 it is not over.

But wait there's more...If you don't make the glorious 32 in bracket A & B, the mediocre 16 in Bracket C, you could be one of the random Ocho drivers picked to get your ass kicked by the top 8 Ladies in Bracket D. For the ladies it looks like the top 8 drivers in Bracket D against the Ocho men.

Then the winners of each bracket A,B,C, & D do a battle royale for the honor to battle Mothra. After that only Godzilla stands in the way of champagne and trophy girls.

Stupid rules -
    http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2013%20Match%20Tour%20Rules3.pdf

Last edited by ken o; 05-30-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast