Thread: I Need HELP!

Default I Need HELP!

I need HELP! More than the usual amount of mental help.

I have all the parts for a freaking monster car, but they are not working well together. My Electronic boost control needs help, my timing is off, the o2 sensor is about to get relpaced, and the LINK computer on my FMII needs to be tuned.

Frankly, I'm in over my head. I am looking for a mentor to help guide me through this rather complex process of getting me back to 13lbs of boost on a well tuned motor. I am a quick learner, but I need somebody to go through this stuff with me.

Anybody wanna share the journey? Beer provided.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I wish I had the time to help, as it would fun to get a better understanding of the goodies you are running, but right now I am struggling to find the time for getting my car right. If you are still in the same position a month from now, let me know.

I don't know how much help I would be, but I'll offer it. I am good with electronics and I just bought an LM-1 Wideband! I've worked with piggybacks and understand the basics.

Chris

I wish I had more time too! It'd be great to find a time to get us 1.6 LINK guys together and compare and contrast a bit. PM me, I may get some time tomorrow afternoon. Maybe We'll see.

Interested to hear what you got today!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I got to thinking. What problems are you having setting the timing. My harmonic balancer was slipping and I had to get a crank shaft pulley before I could set it. Also, my FM2 install instructions said set the timing at 10 degrees BEFORE TDC. This was wrong a call to FM set me straight.

Set it at 10 degrees and the LINK should be happy.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I think I may have the Harmonic balancer problem. Timing marks are way off. Too much torque I guess

How big of a job was it to replace the pulley? Can I mess up the crank in the process?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

My marks were way off too, and it kept changing. After proving mine was slipping, I found two more that had gone out too, and one for those didn't ever have a turbo. You should not mess up the crank at all. This is one of those things I can help with if we can ever get together. A new one cost me about $140. I think ATAIM had one a lot cheaper, but I wanted piece of mind.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

You should be just fine changing out a crank pulley... You don't even have to move the big bolt on the 93, just undo the 4 little ones to remove the pulley from the pulley boss.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Yes, it's that simple. I forgot, I took the big bolt off to check the keyway, I was convinced the woodruff key was missing. I was wrong, it was the harmonic balancer, easy swap!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I'd be glad to help you out on Saturday day. I'm still tuning mine with DLL & RTLink. It's a lot of work. I'm still working on the first three rows, as I'm not as rich as some people around here, thus I don't have a wide-band, but I'm sure I'll be asking to borrow one soon :)
    I've started with the defaults, and I've got a copy of what the car was set at with the old chip, and on my last dyno day the a/f was spot on, so I'm going to stick with those settings for the top three rows.

Hey Chris.... can I borrow....
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.