Thread: Rallycross partnership

Default Rallycross partnership

I'm considering putting together a cheap rallyx car to play with in some of the Texas rallyx organizations that are growing the sport this year. Looking for someone who is equally motivated to see the sport be given an opportunity in North Texas, as well as the pure driving/competition/fun aspect of it. Definitely planning a very low-budget beater, most likely an old Subie or similar, but probably still street able and capable of making the drive to ECR or BCR if needed. I have my eye on a few already, and am working through the logistics/costs and performance needs of a competent rally car.
    If this interests you and you are willing to invest a modest amount of time, money and effort into co-owning/co-driving a fun build, shoot me a pm or an email
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Nobody?

Bummer, I have two great cars lined-up...
    Polished Turd Racing

I think it looks like a blast and it would really help develop my car control. I doubt I have the time available for this kind of adventure right now though. I hope you do it just so we can get reports about it. Start a build thread if you start a rally build. Have you seen the "My life as a rallyist" videos on the /Drive channel on youtube?

Step 1: Find Me a Rallycrosser - /MY LIFE as a RA…: http://youtu.be/M2ZnQymK-6I
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I would like to try RallyCross, but I have neither the money or space to invest in a car. That is the problem with RallyCross -- you almost need a dedicated car because I am not going to muck my my daily driver with all that dirt and the Miata is too low.

I am willing to store the car, and I'm planning to keep the build streetable. Since a miata requires a HT, I'm going the subaru route. If you want to discuss costs, I'll shoot you a pm.
    Polished Turd Racing

If you kept the car it I'd constantly be worried about you parting it out.

Is there Rallycross in North Texas or is still a Central Texas deal?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is there Rallycross in North Texas or is still a Central Texas deal?
    Decatur. ECR property, I believe.

There is at least one event scheduled for North Texas (near ECR) this year, and I expect a couple more to happen. One of the large sanctioning bodies is currently exploring the idea of starting an actual rallyx program in North Texas, and I'm hoping to work cooperatively with Brianne Corn on generating attendees. That's the main reason for wanting to buy a dedicated rally car, rather than just showing up in the Mini or throwing a HT on a miata; I'd like to help move the program forward. Considering how many subie/evo and honda drivers we have at the various autox events and the abundance of potential sites in the area, I think there is a reasonable chance that 20 or so drivers could be found on a given weekend, especially in the autox off-season.
    Polished Turd Racing

Can you link a video that does a decent job showing what rallycross is?

autox in the dirt. Times are summed for the day, rather than best run only.

http://www.lonestarrallycross.com/
    Polished Turd Racing

Oh man I wish I knew they had Rally Racing in the DFW area. When my pop's was still alive. I used to go visit him up at Lake Texhoma and puddle jump through the back roads. I can't remember how many cars I threw the rear end out of because of sliding around those muddy turns. Then crossing the bridges that are just wide enough for your car and built 100 years ago at break neck speeds. God those were good times. Keep us informed if they do land a club in our area. I'll trade in the Z for a Peugeot in a heartbeat.

Southern AZ has a pretty happening RallyX scene. I've watched the videos and they look like a boatload of fun...but just like Jerrett I don't have the $$$ to invest. What a few people in AZ do is go rent an econobox with lots of clearance for the day, go beat the turd out of it, go to a do-it-yourself wash, and return it.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    Oh man I wish I knew they had Rally Racing in the DFW area. When my pop's was still alive. I used to go visit him up at Lake Texhoma and puddle jump through the back roads. I can't remember how many cars I threw the rear end out of because of sliding around those muddy turns. Then crossing the bridges that are just wide enough for your car and built 100 years ago at break neck speeds. God those were good times. Keep us informed if they do land a club in our area. I'll trade in the Z for a Peugeot in a heartbeat.
    Did you have banjo music blast on the 8-track?
    M3 is always the answer.

More info please. PM me some finer details. I'm an SCCA race official so this is not new to me.
    Be sure to watch www.prestigeautobrokers.com in Grand Prairie. Lots of hail damaged cars. Great folks to work with
    Love the WRX all day long!
    Regards,
    Paul
    mckinney

I would be interested in partnering with you. Hit me up.

Bmeek, give me a contact email or number. You can delete it once I get it.
    Polished Turd Racing