Thread: Lone Star Rallycross 9/6 in Decatur!

Default Lone Star Rallycross 9/6 in Decatur!

The next local rallycross event is coming up on 9/6 in Decateur, just down the road from ECR. Come run your car at the site Brianne Corn called "the best rallycross site in Texas." High praise from a woman who built and groomed her own track in San Marcos. Yes, your regular street car CAN rallycross! It is flat and fairly smooth with some undulations and dips, but nothing that will rip off a bumper. Plenty of bone stock cars and even lowered miatas and Subaru's ran last event with no issues.

Even compared to a great autocross, there is no type of motorsports that offers a higher fun factor for so little cost and preparation. It is a complete blast to join your car around cones in a pasture!! Don't talk yourself out of this chance to try rallycross! The sport is growing in Texas and our local site has the chance to become a hub for regional events. Lets show them how DFW does it.
    http://www.lonestarrallycross.com/event-registration/
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Dang!...interested .. I hear the banjos calling me

In.

Quote Originally Posted by Jctattoos View Post
    Dang!...interested .. I hear the banjos calling me
    You were born for this sport! Mostly hippes from Austin though, rather than banjos. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Deciding between this event and BMW autocross. Which is harder on my car ? Mineral wells or rallycross. Afraid I'm too low. But damn I love beating hippies. Got a jeep cherokee too

They will let you run the cherokee. A guy came out with a raptor in Florence.
    Polished Turd Racing

Ready to rock tomorrow! Drop by for some spectating.
    Polished Turd Racing

Was a seriously great time. If you're a car guy, and enjoy racing, doing one of these should be on your bucket list. While the ST was a pure hoot, I'm thinking of taking the Miata next time. One of the guys ran a '99 today and was plenty quick.

Super nice bunch of friendly, helpful folks. With the exception of OZMDD, the event was douche canoe free.

:) well played, sir! It was a really challenging course to get "just right." The lollipop really required a terrific setup move to avoid pushing way out and losing 3-4 seconds. Also a few tight areas that were actually much faster than they appeared. I had a blast, wish I could've stayed for the last runs. They definitely need to work on their schedule and dust abatement strategy around the lights so that timing issues don't hold up the event.

On the very good side, they have had more drivers at the 2 Decatuer events than any of the other events down in central Texas this year. This bodes very well for the future of the sport in North Texas, as the Corn's will bring their show on the road more often next year when they know they will get the quality sites and registrants. There was a solid OK contingency that doesn't travel as far as San Marcos, but will come to DFW, and they had some very good cars/drivers.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quick and dirty vid I threw together.

This looks like a lot of fun.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles