Thread: What class now?

Default What class now?

I ran in STR last season but I will be adding flares/aero/big wheels. What class will I be taking up the rear of this season? I need to order new stickers. D:

Has butterfly brace, fender braces, coilovers, and some engine mods. I think the wing I will add will probably put me in CSP?

Note: Just building the car to be fun/faster so don't care what class it will be "competitive" in.
    Last edited by Labora; 02-19-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

CSP sounds right. Quite a bit of modding allowed there. Might be a fun class this year; there are at least 2 other maitas being prepped for CSP this off-season. Maybe I'll bring the track car out for one event and run it with yall in CSP.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'm sure I will be well behind a properly prepped CSP car. I'm still pretty much a novice and my car does not have the long modlist some of these CSP cars I have seen for sale are running. But I just wanted to get some decent looking letters so I don't have to jack with tape.

Thanks
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Good place to play and experiment with your cars mods and settings, since there is a lot of leeway in SP. Looking forward to seeing it!
    Polished Turd Racing

The butterfly brace isn't allowed in CSP is it?

Not that anybody would care locally I don't think

Butterfly brace and wing are not allowed in Street Prepared. Assuming your weight and wing are within the legal limits, you will be in X-Prepared.
    Jason McDaniel

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Wings are allowed in Super Street Modified (SSM), but not the butterfly brace.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Should have said spoiler not wing.

I have a around 8 inch tall Nascar Style spoiler hopefully that is fine for CSP since I already ordered magnetic letters. I have seen other CSP cars with even larger ones so I think it is ok. The various braces I have may not fly for CSP but since I will be bringing up last place I doubt anyone will notice/care. If there is a weight limit I am probably way over it since the car still has full interior, ac, 2 seats, radio etc etc.

I should have just ordered letters for whatever is wide open class but the car might, MIGHT fit into CSP one day.
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

I think you will have no issues running in CSP. As I always say, talk to your competitors and make sure everyone is fine with it. Based on the CSP drivers I know locally, you will be welcomed with open arms. Then promptly trounced. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Then promptly trounced. :)
    I am sure of it, need to get some people to help me out this season. I have got decent enough at learning the course but could use some criticism on how I drive I'm sure. Every ride along from a seasoned person so far hasn't been much more than pointing me around the course and maybe a few pointers on harder obstacles on the course.
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Autox school is calling your name.
    Polished Turd Racing

I had planned to go to either the SCCA or ER one this month but my car is still apart at the moment, and my parents are moving this month (so I have to help them some and finally clean out all my old stuff from there if I want to keep it...) so finding time for car stuff this month is going to be hard.

I also found a leaky shock a few days ago when I had things apart so I am looking into picking up coil overs and taking even more crap apart. D:
    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily