Thread: How to sell a nice car with 'German reliability'

Default How to sell a nice car with 'German reliability'

A friend’s neighbor is selling his ‘04 IS300. Has 150k miles but is in very good shape. I'm thinking of selling the MINI, but need some feedback from some of my gearhead friends here.

I bought the MINI for a low mileage, fun car to get me the rest of the way through college, but things have changed. I no longer work night shift, moved to south Arlington/Mansfield so I have an hour long commute in rush hour traffic into Uptown Dallas, and still to & from UTA. This SUCKS in a 6 speed MT. Kids are outgrowing the back seat, etc, etc.

Graduation has been pushed back another couple years since I'm back on regular day job, so I'm thinking I need to dig in with a real family car, especially since the Murano could shit the bed anytime, probably a good idea to keep a backup family car.

I'm probably going to post the MINI up here for sale soon. Any advice on selling such a car? My worry is I don't want to pretend the thing is perfect only to screw over some college girl that has no idea how to care for a car that routinely drinks oil like they all do. But being upfront with its quirks I fear will turn away buyers. How do you accomplish this while not selling at a huge loss?? The car is not a turd, it's just a German car with German quirks. Not for the average owner with no mechanical knowledge. It has a lot of aftermarket parts, but I have all the original parts here. Do I spend the time reverting to stock or sell as is with the original parts?

Basically I HATE the idea of having to sell a car dealing with tire kickers, and don't think i'd be very good at selling such a car, but don’t want to sell it at a loss. Advise on handling this with a 'German-reliability' car?

Anyone on here looking for a nice 07 Cooper S with 56k miles PM me and I won’t candy coat its issues. It'll probably be for sale soon.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

PM or text me, I may be able to help.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."