Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenue generation sucks!

Default Revenue generation sucks!

Apparently the CRV has a target painted on it.

I got another ticket on the way in to work this morning. Cruising down the 190 at 66mph, in what was a 60mph zone. Apparently, just before and after the toll plazas, it drops to 45mph for a hundred yards or so - not that anyone slows down in the slightest, mind you.

Of course, I was the idiot in the fast lane. Never mind that I was being passed by the guy in the lane to my right at the time... it was less work for the &^(%#@ cop to pull out from the left shoulder and nab me.

Y'know, it used to be when I got a ticket I had earned it. The last two tickets I've gotten, I was going 6mph over the posted (or observed, in the case of this morning's ticket) speed limit. I guess I'm going to go back to flying in and out of traffic at 90mph - if I'm going to keep getting tickets, I might as well deserve them.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think we should just start calling you Lucky!

What City got ya??

I got a ticket in my CR-V for doing 73 through at the toll booth at George Bush near Preston.

I was in the 4 lanes on the left without the booths so I was expecting a 73 in a 60.

Nope. 73 in a 45. Thanks Craphead!

I assumed 45 was for the toll plaza part to the right. The purpose of the lanes to the left with the tolltag was to keep traffic moving steadily. I was wrong.

Now my wife and I play a game where we try to slow down to 45 in those lanes. 53 has been the slowest I've gone before it gets really scary.

So Altiain, I guess it's the price we pay for driving such powerfull, bad-@ss vechicles.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I think we should just start calling you Lucky!

What City got ya??
    Plano is the latest city that will be recieving my budgetary help. May they spend it wisely.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Plano is the latest city that will be recieving my budgetary help. May they spend it wisely.
    Yep... I never see any cops between 35 and the Dallas North Tollway, but Plano loves to patrol the stretch between the tollway and 75. I see a patrol car waiting for west bound Preston toll tag lane speeders at least a third of time I go through there.

I thought if you slowed to 45 in the Toll Tag lane you would get shot! I am usually at 60-70.

You're commute is still pretty new to you. You'll get used to where the hide. Hopefully soon, before tickets and gas prices put you in the poor house. Good luck avoiding the po-po in the future.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

You have a Fuzzbuster in your CRV?

I found a book that might help

Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

POS, the wood grain looks swwweeeeet on that fuzz buster!

Sorry to hear about the bogus ticket Altiain.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I guess I'm going to go back to flying in and out of traffic at 90mph - if I'm going to keep getting tickets, I might as well deserve them.
    Amen! I'm with you!

By the way, I always thought that the local authorities didn't have juris diction on the Tollway? I believe that right belongs to the staties, no?

You wonder if the officer was using Animal Instinct to decide on his target. I'm sure Altiain's adorable little CRV was not the only one speeding, but must have been the easiest prey.

You know like a Lion going after the lame Gazelle!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 09-06-2005 at 11:11 AM.

I have to third the recomendation to just drive like a maniac and give them a real reason to pull you over.

side note( what happened to the police officer that ran from the cops in Ft Worth?)
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    Sorry to hear about the bogus ticket Altiain.
    Well, it wasn't bogus, but it was extremely petty.

There are posted speed limits and then there is reasonable vehicular speed. We all know that you're "supposed" to slow to 45mph at those toll booths, but I'm with Mathews2004... if you actually slowed to that speed, you'd have people drive right up your tailpipe. I honestly slow to 55 or so when approaching those tolltag readers, and I have people mad at me all the time. God knows what would happen if I actually slowed to 45mph.

Sorry to read that you seem to be a "marked man" altiain...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Join the State Troopers Association so you can get a big sticker.

Sounds like it's a good thing I go with the prevailing traffic on 190... Only time we see DPS enforcement on our side of the highway, it appears to be for lane violations (like far left to far right and back with no signals), passing on the shoulder or maybe agressive hand gestures (hard to guess on the last guy I saw get snagged, but he was loudly proclaiming his IQ to the car in front of me when the trooper pulled behind him).

My favorite 190 experience to date was the morning that I was passing a LONG group of cars with a BMW 7 series about 15 car lengths behind me and closing... Thus, I was accelerating past some number at least 25 over the limit as my detector bleep-bleeped. Couldn't see the trooper that was sucking on the tailpipe of the BMW, and apparently repeated attempts at flash-to-pass hadn't worked, so he fired up his gun long enough to wake him (AND ME) up. We both slotted to the right, let him travel a respectable distance down the road and pulled back in the left lane. Didn't realize those Crown Vics dropped so much black smoke under throttle these days...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You wonder if the officer was using Animal Instinct to decide on his target. I'm sure Altiain's adorable little CRV was not the only one speeding, but must have been the easiest prey.
    I was going to say something along the same line... Staties know that moron Joe Everyday isn't going to protest when he's ticketed at 6 over.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    moron Joe Everyday
    Hey... are you calling Altiain a moron?

PS... love the latest Google Ad... "Jason Diamond, Esq. Fight Back Now From $9 We Fight Traffic Tickets!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Join the State Troopers Association so you can get a big sticker.
    Apparently I've already joined - I'm certainly paying the dues! When can I expect my damn sticker in the mail?!
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast