Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I might be in the wrong forum, but. . .(Student loans)

Default I might be in the wrong forum, but. . .(Student loans)

Student loans? anybody know of any good ones, or have any advice? Planning on transfering to a "big" school spring semester (mabye) and probably won't be able to write a check for my tuition and books like at junior college. Thanks
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

i get things in the mail from my bank offering student loans (bank of america). the terms sound really good too. maybe try your bank.

which communtiy college did you go to? i was at richland, transferred to quad C, they have an associates in my field. ill probably eventually transfer to UTD or AID.

Grayson County College, Denison Texas My bank is a small town bank and has no student loan program. Did some reasearch into sallie mae, but the interest rates stink. Thanks
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Take out the federal loans first. Your school should have plenty of information.

$8,500 is available with interest paid by the feds until you graduate.
    An additional $10,000 is available with interest accumulating along the way.

That's $18,500 the feds will give you per year just because you're a student at an accredited university.

If you need more than that, seriously, check with the financial aid office of your school (or any Texas university, for that matter). They'll have the low down, and the information will be much more reliable than the countless private lenders who may be practicing predatory lending.

S.

The federal student loan program known as Stafford Loans have interest rates set by the government. You should get this same rate from any lender offering student loans. It is a variable rate that just went from 3.37 percent to 5.30 percent. This said, I would be very happy if you went through Bank of America for your loan, as that is my employer. You should be able to get an application and help filling it out directly from your Financial Aid Counselor at the school you choose.

My car payment is alredy through bank of america. Thanks for the info. I have alredy been to the financial aid office to see what my options are. Lots of stuff out there. My employer, Target, also has a tuition reimbursment program.

btw,titus I have the rough sketch of your car finished and as soon as I can get some canvas and paint, I'm gonna try and finish it. Sorry its taking so long, school sucks up alot of free time. If you want I can post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    btw,titus I have the rough sketch of your car finished and as soon as I can get some canvas and paint, I'm gonna try and finish it. Sorry its taking so long, school sucks up alot of free time. If you want I can post a pic.
    Cool!

This is just a rough sketch that will be transfered to canvas with carbon paper, not much detail, but enough for me. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah definatly max out Pell Grants and Federal loans before going Private.

Even if you don't qualify for federal loans, the state has guranteed loans by the state. Any Finacial Aid through the gov. is alot better than private finacial aid.

Chris

Here's some advice,.....remember when you get out of school to pay that loan back even if you can't afford to eat.
    I put one off and paid when I could, got my wages garnished, and income tax's taken...finally ended up paying around 10K on a $2,300. loan.
    Don't forget
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Here's some advice,.....remember when you get out of school to pay that loan back...
    You mean if people loan you money, they actually expect you to pay them back? What are these people thinking?

For those of you who are somehow confused, if you borrow money for any reason, pay the lender back in the manner that you agreed in the contract.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    You mean if people loan you money, they actually expect you to pay them back? What are these people thinking?

For those of you who are somehow confused, if you borrow money for any reason, pay the lender back in the manner that you agreed in the contract.
    I could see how kids can fall into a trap with this... You are not required to make payments on the principal until 1 year after you graduate. The idea is to give you a chance to find a job before they hit you with the payment. I could see how some that take advantage of the year could become accustomed to ignoring the statement each month.

Here's some advice,.....remember when you get out of school to pay that loan back even if you can't afford to eat.
    I put one off and paid when I could, got my wages garnished, and income tax's taken...finally ended up paying around 10K on a $2,300. loan.
    Don't forget
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Don't forget
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Okay,... I had every intention of paying the loan back..and I did pay the loan back.
    The problem was I was taken in by a Bogus School, several other things happened that caused me to be under great financial stress so the loan was the last of my concerns at the time....when it's eat and pay for a roof over your head or pay back a loan the choice is clear.
    You have to have the basic needs to be able to work.
    In the mean time the loan was sold over and over again, each time gaining more and more interest piled on, thats how the amount got to be so high.
    Any more questions?
    99 Miata Black

Yeah. What's a bogus school?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

ATI, any more Questions?...lol
    99 Miata Black

ATI, any more Questions?...lol
    American Trucking Institute?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    American Trucking Institute?
    Androgynous Transvestites Incorporated?
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast