Thread: Audi Screws Up the TT

Default Audi Screws Up the TT

This is the front end and basic design of the next TT. It is seen here on a weird "shooting brake" concept to be shown at the Tokyo Motor Show, but the basic details (grille, surface detailing, headlights, etc) are believed to be representative of the next TT.

What a travesty. While the dynamics are more "sporty Golf" than "sports car," the original TT is a masterpiece of design. Its influence can even be seen in the NC Miata. And the later variants (V6 DSG, etc) were getting to be pretty decent dynamically.

Thing is just bad. The interior is decent, although it lacks the inspiration of the original. Proof that all automotive icons are meant to become caricatures of themselves?

S.
    Last edited by srivendel; 10-11-2005 at 12:35 PM.

Lately I'm thinking that alot of car companies are trying to design the ugliest car possible. Mabye thats just me.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

So sad.

My wife has a red 2001 TT coupe and it's beautiful. It's a great car, for a cruiser/GT car, not as much fun as the Miata (obviously).
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I like this TT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan