Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MSR track 2

Is ths Heaven?
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata
    Photo does no justice to the elevation changes. According to Jack he says there is a 70 foot elevation change (old track has 30 foot difference).

Its going to be challenging but a nice change of pace.

The connections to the old track seem to be a bit narrow IMHO.
    Hey! That looks kewl. I don't have access to photochop at the office, so I just sent the raw picture. I'll try and do better on the other twenty or thirty that I took :) The tie-in sections are also 39' wide. It's just an optical illusion, as are several areas on the course. It is all 3x13' passes with the blacktop machine.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    VERY nice! This one's gonna be worth the wait!
    Yeah...everyone should join the Ranch!
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Stop it!

I just salivated on my keyboard.
    That's what I was doing in the plane! It looks AWESOME from above. I think I actually got one picture that show the entire 3.2 miles. That configuration is going to give us just about everything you could ever want, with the exception of it being in your own back yard. I tried to get Jack to adopt me, but he said it wouldn't work since I was older than him. Then, I thought, perhaps I should knock him off and marry Sharon...........who says there's no heaven on earth :) Kidding, of course Jack!

My brain hurts thinking about remembering all the possible turn in points for a 3.2 mile course. Then you factor in each track individually and clockwise/counter-clockwise and you have a list of permutations that is going to take me a couple of years to figure out.

If we have any luck, some of the elevation changes might get us airborn - I wanna go streets of San Fancisco on this thing.

Also, there needs to be a better name for these tracks. #1, #2, East, West lacks any character.

How about......

"Cyclone" for the new track.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

My brain hurts thinking about remembering all the possible turn in points for a 3.2 mile course. Then you factor in each track individually and clockwise/counter-clockwise and you have a list of permutations that is going to take me a couple of years to figure out.

If we have any luck, some of the elevation changes might get us airborn - I wanna go streets of San Fancisco on this thing.

Also, there needs to be a better name for these tracks. #1, #2, East, West lacks any character.

How about......

"Cyclone" for the new track.
    Don't you have to be south of the equator to have a cyclone? I actually don't know what the naming conventions will be. Whatever Jack wants, I suppose :)

Yeah, we were trying to get some info on the naming conventions for the new track and we couldn't get much outta him when he took us for a tour on the golf cart a couple of weeks ago. They didn't even have a track map yet.

Only thing he said was that downhill run after the pit on might be called "pipeline" since they hit a bunch of pipes when grading the terrain.

The uphill corner (signature turn) should be named something special :)

When its all hooked together it should be a little over 3 minutes long for a street prep Miata. With lots of diiferent things coming at yah over the 3 plus miles of track

I got to see the track in person last week and can verify that the picture does not do the elevation changes justice. It looks very fun. I hope that I will ge to try it out some time in the near future. One thing I did find out about is that there will most likely be bariers put up around the track at certain curves.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Very nice!

So Merv, when are we having that track day again?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default More pictures

More pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more

more

Those first two pictures let you see some of that elevation. The new track looks wicked cool and much more challenging than the 1st track.

Thanks for the pictures Merv.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I believe it might be time to start kissing some member ass to get some guest time on the new track.

I'm waiting......
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I believe it might be time to start kissing some member ass to get some guest time on the new track.

I'm waiting......
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    I want some track time. There how was that?

I wonder if the pits are going to meet the requirements to hold some larger sanctioned events. Would be nice to see something like the Speed challenge series or SCCA runoffs local. If only he could build a crap load of seating...maybe get the ALMS to come back to Texas!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66
    I wonder if the pits are going to meet the requirements to hold some larger sanctioned events. Would be nice to see something like the Speed challenge series or SCCA runoffs local. If only he could build a crap load of seating...maybe get the ALMS to come back to Texas!
    Never happen. That's not what MSR is all about..............it's a place to play with your toys

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Never happen. That's not what MSR is all about..............it's a place to play with your toys
    Ya, I just hate having to fly to the far coasts just to see a big race that doesn't involve going in circles!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Default Bigger and Better pictures

These are the final three. I think you might like them even better......

That is going to be one tight small course!

I predict it won't be to popular with the Vettes, Vipers and other heavy, high HP cars but should be fun, challenging and and even a bit scary for the Miatas, Shifter Carts, Motorcycles and other light and nimble vehicles.

I wonder what an average track time will be compared to Track 1?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

:drool: I can't waiT!!!!!! Gonna be fun.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast