Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving the '94-'97 Miata from C Stock to E Stock

The shocks and springs may be the same, but after getting to drive a 96R and two "conversions" I have to believe that there is actually something other than just the shocks and springs that are different. The only other obvious thing that I could think of though is the bushings, but we were unable to find any markings on any of these. They were still in the cars however.

Originally posted by rchase on Miata.net:
    I personally would be surprised if the move did not happen. And it would be effective 1-1-05.

But I also expect it will not do what the SEB hopes it will (and there will be complaints that a car with *relatively* small differences gets two classes to play in) and there will be a new proposal floated in 2005 to merge CS and ES.

(Yes... I know what the differences are. But best of breed in almost any other car model covers a wider delta, no?)
    Yikes so how long would it take for the SEB to merge of ES & CS if they can get approval? I hate to go buy another car only to have it obsoleted after one season.....

Could happen as early as 1/1/2006. If someone proposes it and the SEB thinks the proposal has merit, it could go out for member comment next year, like the '94-'97 to ES proposal went out this year. In the case of class merger, the SEB would likely rule on it after the '05 Nationals, and put whatever recommendation is made in place starting 1/1/2006.

Personally, I don't think it will happen that soon. I think you'd probably get 2 years to play in E Stock with a '94-'97 before the class merger proposal happened, if it happens at all.

Still, why not buy an NB? They're still the top dogs in C Stock, and since Mazda tends to roll models out late (the '05s are just now slowly starting to trickle into dealers), the '06 NC probably won't be legal for Stock until the '06 season. Heck, if the rumored power-to-weight ratio of the NC is true (160-170 hp, 2200 lbs), it'll probably go straight to B Stock anyway, leaving the NB as top dog in C Stock. Plus, if E Stock and C Stock are merged in the future, guess which car is going to be top dog in the merged class? '99 Sport.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12