Thread: Those eBay CD repair manuals?

Default Those eBay CD repair manuals?

Anyone buy one of those?

No one makes a repair manual for the '05 MPV except the dealer and they want $150 for it.

Saw one on flea-Bay from GB on CD that's suposed to cover 1999-2005 MPV. It's under $10 so I may just snipe it.

I'm just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I have seen the miata ones before, and I would guess most of us have them on PDF file. It isnt as nice as a book as you dont have actual pages to flip through in the garage, but other than that you can print off what you need.

I agree with Majik, plus don't you have a warranty on the MPV?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I agree with Majik, plus don't you have a warranty on the MPV?
    Yes. 4yr/50k but I still would like to do my own maintainance rather than pay the stealership $75/hr to change my filters.

I ended up getting the CD for $11.20 shipped from England. If it's the dealer book on CD, eleven bucks sure beats a hunert fiddy bucks! Hell, I can print it out for a few bucks and voila, my own dealer book.
    ...and across the line.

I just received the CD based repair manual and spent a few minutes browsing it. Pretty quick from the U.K.! It is definitely worth the $11.00 I spent.

Basically it appears to be the factory Mazda Repair Manual in digital form. The dealer wants $150 USD for the paper version.

It has how tos, schematics and drawings very much like my Mazda Miata factory repair manual.

One note here though!

This (the factory manual) is designed for Mazda mechanics. Therefore it lists factory tools recommended for a repair and assumes a semi-profecient knowledge of auto mechanics.

This is not comparable to a Chilton's or Haynes manual that lists step by step procedures. It is more of a reference manual.

A good analogy would be if you were trying to learn to speak Spanish and all you had was a Spanish language dictionary. You wouldn't learn sentence structure etc, like if you had a Spanish language text book.

If you are a novice mechanic that hasn't ever change a waterpump or alternator, this CD is not for you. However, if you've turned a few wrenches on cars or trucks, it certainly can be beneficial.

Think I might get one for the Miata too! Of course I don't really need it as I have the Factory manual, Haynes, Enthusiasts, and Keith Tanner's repair books!
    ...and across the line.