Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No More Front License Plate Petition

Default No More Front License Plate Petition

i was going to post this, but i figured someone else would first :)
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    Thanks Chucka I'd hate for you to get a cramp or something by actually adding some content to this Forum.

Thanks to me they now have 3256 Signatures Total , that's not many how long has this been on line???

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    Thanks Chucka I'd hate for you to get a cramp or something by actually adding some content to this Forum.

Thanks to me they now have 3256 Signatures Total , that's not many how long has this been on line???
    bite me :) j/k, ive just been too busy at work to post a lot.

i was 2833 on the signature list looks like its going up pretty quick from yesterday.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

3535 Thanks for the heads up
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Suspension Modder

thanks! signed already. it's intersting to read the comments some ppl leave.

I was #4142 at 11:07 am monday morning. We should get this post on Vette forums and other sports car forums if anyone visits those....

#4151 @ 11:16am on Monday.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

4173. I think this is a great idea, but I'm guessing that unless we get something like 250,000 signatures -- and some news coverage? -- this isn't going anywhere. But I sure would like to be a law-abiding citizen again...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    But I sure would like to be a law-abiding citizen again...
    Step away from the leather shorts sir

I'm not a cop, but I've known several...
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    4173. I think this is a great idea, but I'm guessing that unless we get something like 250,000 signatures -- and some news coverage? -- this isn't going anywhere. But I sure would like to be a law-abiding citizen again...
    Actually, this issue is generally brought up by the state legislature every "long" session. Be sure to also write your representative.

#4099 at 10:12AM on Monday. Seems to be growing pretty quickly, so it couldn't have been out too long. Honestly, I doubt it will do any good but you never know.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

This is referenced on the pointy board (Southwest region). Someone made a good point about why this won't work: All the stupid cameras at toll booths and intersections that snap pics of violators use the front license plate to identify cars and people.... I think we're gonna be stuck with front plates forever. I hope that's not just a board to collect valid email addresses for spamming purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    This is referenced on the pointy board (Southwest region). Someone made a good point about why this won't work: All the stupid cameras at toll booths and intersections that snap pics of violators use the front license plate to identify cars and people.... I think we're gonna be stuck with front plates forever. I hope that's not just a board to collect valid email addresses for spamming purposes.
    Ever looked at said tollbooths? They take your picture from the rear, not the front. DFW airport? They installed rear plate cameras around 1998. Red light cameras? Not legal here. If you don't want front plates, let your state representatives know. It's not wasting your breath, and it saves real money. Google the topic, and you'll find a fiscal impact study from 1998.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    It's not wasting your breath, and it saves real money. Google the topic, and you'll find a fiscal impact study from 1998.
    Actually the savings of cutting license plate production in 1/2 is the first thing I thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    Ever looked at said tollbooths? They take your picture from the rear, not the front. DFW airport? They installed rear plate cameras around 1998. Red light cameras? Not legal here. If you don't want front plates, let your state representatives know. It's not wasting your breath, and it saves real money. Google the topic, and you'll find a fiscal impact study from 1998.
    I agree... up until the NTTA got their act straight with my Toll Tag (another story) I was recieving these nice shots of the tail end of my Miata... the booths are shooting the ass end of our vehicles. If we had red light cameras ( and a couple of jurisdictions do in the Metroplex ) they too shoot the back end.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Actually the savings of cutting license plate production in 1/2 is the first thing I thought of.
    Could it be? I believe it is! It is the shiniest penny in the jar!

It's not wasting your breath, and it saves real money. Google the topic, and you'll find a fiscal impact study from 1998.
    But what will the Texas prisoner do if we cut production in 1/2?

It’s a great ideal, but still the only time I have ever gotten a front plate ticket is when the officer was filling his quota on me! But I still like the plan!

So if I back through the tollbooth at the Airport I don’t have to pay the $1.00 toll??? Skweet!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Could it be? I believe it is! It is the shiniest penny in the jar!
    What are you trying to say?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast