Thread: Which O2 sensor?

Default Which O2 sensor?

I'm thinking about getting a new O2 sensor for the header I just got for my 97 instead of trying to pull the one from the stock header. I found a universal Bosch ( Autozone part number 15734) for less than $55 at Autozone. Has anyone ever used this one? They also have one listed for about 150 and another for about 280.

While I'm not 100% sure about the Mazda's, I ran the $30 O2 sensor in my Honda for almost 2 years with no troubles. But I am at a loss to really tell you the difference in that one and the $150 Honda OEM one.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Yea the splice in one works fine. Make sure to cut plenty of extra wire, makes it easier to get it back routed behind the engine. And insures you don't come up short.

NAPA has em cheaper I think.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Yep just use a generic. Saves a ton of cash. But why dont you take the old one out? Get a sensor socket and it should be hard...

I've got a socket, and just pulled one on my Cherokee 4x4 last week. That's why I'm dreading doing it again.

I was planning on just drilling out the cat bolts and not messing with the O2 sensor, not to mention it has 97k miles on it.

insures you don't come up short.
    My wife really hates that
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I got the new sensor. Does anyone have any suggestions on splicing it? I was going to solder the wires together, but what should I wrap the splices with?

I was considering that, but won't heat shrink eventually melt through due to the heat?

Maybe. But aren't the majority of the electrical connections already wrapped in heat shrink? A good number of mine are. I would think that it should last a good long time.

The bosch one I bought came with heat wrap. It held up under turbo temps.

Chris