Thread: I gotta Miata, but I wanna.....

Default I gotta Miata, but I wanna.....

I really want the black S2000 with a hardtop that I just saw, especially since they just bumped up the engine size and increased the low-end torque. Looked GREAT with a hardtop; I didn't even know Stook's had hardtops.

I also want a BMW Z3 coupe, M version. Those look great, in a quirky, clown-shoe kind of way.

What are you waiting for go get ya one!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What are you waiting for go get ya one!
    Waiting for my wallet to catch up with my tastes! The Miata keeps me pretty darn happy though, I just occasionally dream of big power.

I have heard of "a car owning you" instead of you owning the car. I'm afraid if I spent 30 large or more on a dream car, I would over obsess about it to the point of not enjoying it.

Yikes the Honda website shows $3,145 for the hardtop!

It's just money... Go for the clown shoe... Or better yet, one for each foot!

I thought you sold yours bigD?

Spoon makes a nice CF hardtop, if thats your preference. S2K is ok, but sign me up for the Elise.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    I thought you sold yours bigD?

Spoon makes a nice CF hardtop, if thats your preference. S2K is ok, but sign me up for the Elise.

Chris
    Your confusing me (BigDStars) with BigDMiata. I started this name about 3-4 years ago on a yahoo account.

ohh. Well color me confused.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Standy by for the low mileage silver NA FOR SALE!

i hate to say it but you most definately want to avoid the M coupe, they are not known for reliability.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    i hate to say it but you most definately want to avoid the M coupe, they are not known for reliability.
    This kept me away from a Z3:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62310

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65076
    Al
    2011 Cayman S
    PCA

My eyes have been wide open for a long time, and my next car will probably be..... (drum roll.....)

another Miata.

I don't think a better deal exists. (price, depreciation, insurance, upkeep, performance per $, etc, etc)

If I ever find a nicer Miata than the one I have, I might upgrade.

or not.

I'm partial to the NA's, but I haven't driven 2nd gen. I would be happy to own 2, one to keep nice, another to FI. I really get a kick out of throwing the keys to a friend and seeing their face when they come back from the test drive.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.