Thread: Denton county speeding enforcement

Default Denton county speeding enforcement

This came from a family member who works at FEMA:

Press Release

Spring break speeding crackdown

The Denton County Sheriff’s Office will put more deputies on the roads to crack down on speeders during area schools’ spring breaks this month. Some Denton County school districts will be out from March 10 to March 19, while others will be out the week after.

The Sheriff’s Office has received a $15,000 grant from the Texas Department of Transportation’s Selective Traffic Enforcement Program to increase driver compliance with posted speed limits by concentrated enforcement of the speed limit laws to decrease crashes, injuries and fatalities.

The funds pay the overtime costs for deputies to patrol roads with the highest percentages of speeders, as shown by a survey done last year.

Increased patrols will concentrate on U.S.377, FM 455, U.S. 380, State 121, and I-35. In addition, the grant will be used to increase patrols during other holiday periods in 2007.

“Drivers need to be aware that all schools will take a week off this month, and they need to take special caution and watch out for students on break,” said Sheriff’s Office Patrol Captain Mike Caley. “Student drivers also need to be aware that we’re going to be out there cracking down on speeders, so they need to drive responsibly to help keep Denton County safer for everyone.”

Xxxxxxxxx

Public Information Officer

Denton County Sheriff's Office
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Seems like there were a few fake traffic enforcement emails that went around last year, but this one is indeed real.

That explains why i've seen every cop in the metroplex on I35 this last weekend.
    Blah blah blah!

I can tell you the has been out in force so far on my run from Ft. Worth to Meadville, Pa. and back to Ft. Worth...

(I'm now on the return leg sitting in Louisville, Ky. only 870 miles to go)

(I'm now on the return leg sitting in Louisville, Ky. only 870 miles to go)
    So put on your diaper and get on the road already then! That's less than from Houston to Orlando!

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    So put on your diaper and get on the road already then! That's less than from Houston to Orlando!
    Its also less than from Dallas, to Orlando
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Nah we raced to Meadville, Pa. to make the Funeral, the trip home is going be done at a more relaxed pace...

Lisa says never mind the diaper, have a safe trip back.

No wonder I've been seeing so many cops around... I forgot it was Spring Break. I never remember because I never do anything special
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata