Thread: heater core

Default heater core

well looks like ill be doing a heater core. so where is a good place to find a new one as well as a heater control valve (miatas have those right?)
    im milking it right now, adding coolant as it leaks onto the floor...

kyle
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Town North Mazda... Ya get a nice parts discount and they are great to deal with...

75 North bound access road, North of Spring Valley.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I bought a bunch of stuff from Trussville Miata before I got my Mazda Competition parts deal. Even with shipping (and no sales tax) Trussville regularly beat local dealers prices.

http://www.trussvillemazda.com/

does mazdacomp sell this item?
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    does mazdacomp sell this item?
    I'm pretty sure they do. I've gotten hoses and clamp but haven't needed anything else (yet).

Are you positive its leaking out of the core nd not the lines going through the firewall? I've had the hoses leak at the firewall and get the floor all wet. Mazdacompu should have it all.

I've done the heater core without removing the dash. If interested I can explain/help yea out.

When mine went out, it was on my way to work, 2 Novembers ago. The front window started fogging up and the floors got soaked in Anti-freeze.

Not too hard (compared to a clutch), to pull one out and put 'nother one in. I pulled a perfectly good one out of my brother's junked car, rather than buying a new one.

I would suggest that (getting a used one), if you are on the CB payment plan.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant