Thread: LSMC Outing to the Drive-In Movie

Chassis Designer

Default LSMC Outing to the Drive-In Movie

The Brazos Drive-In Theater
    Saturday, November 6, 2004

How long has it been since you and your sweetie went to the drive-in? Well pal, that’s been too long! Just like many of life’s other little problems, this too can be fixed in our favorite little cars, so come along with the Lone Star Miata Club for what looks to be a ton 'o fun.

We’ll depart from the Benbrook McDonald’s (I-20 & US 377 South). AIS is 2:00pm on Saturday afternoon, November 6th. Please arrive in time to make a pit stop, get gas, drinks, etc.

We’ll traverse some driver friendly roads at a passenger friendly pace to Granbury, then on to Glen Rose.

We’ll chow down on some great ‘que or catfish at the Loco Coyote, (it’s been a while for that too) at about 4:00pm. If you haven’t been to the Coyote, it’s a fun place that will be crowded, indoors and out, with folks from all walks of life who are having fun. You’ll see faux bikers, and the real thing. The parking lot will have everything from Cadillacs to ancient pickups. There is likely to be another car club or two also.

Between 5:30 & 6:00, we’ll head back to Granbury to The Brazos Drive-In. We’ll park together somewhere near the front. Admission is $9.00 per person, or $18 per carload, (if you want to stash a couple of very small persons in the trunk). Pack some bug spray, and a couple of folding chairs, and some warm clothing. We will probably sit in front of the cars as a group. You may also want to bring your kid’s boom box. The movie sound is piped through your FM radio. The first feature will be over at about 9:00, and the second around 11:00.

If you can’t handle a late night, US-67 is a straight shot from Glen Rose to I-35W, or Dallas.

I’ll need a head count by November 4th. Let me know at 888 539 5577, or [email protected].

Bill Preston & Jan Burk
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

Do we have to be a member of the LSMC to join in? Is there still a extra charge for non-members?

Chassis Designer

No charge, just send me your name to me for the guest list [email protected]
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

I didn't even realize what day that was... the 6th I'll be running around a parking lot avoiding cones...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I didn't even realize what day that was... the 6th I'll be running around a parking lot avoiding cones...
    Me too - sounds like fun, but I have points to gather and cones to miss.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region