Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale ’99 Supercharged Club Sport Miata Prepared by TDR

Default For Sale ’99 Supercharged Sport Miata Prepared by TDR

I really like this car and had hoped to keep it. Insurance is great, parts are cheap, and it is a blast to drive. But I cannot fit in it w/o major cutting on the floor pan. Car is too nice to destroy.

For Sale ’99 Supercharged Sport Miata Prepared by TDR

For Sale '99 Sport Miata prepared by Track Dog Racing. Engine replace under '99 thrust bearing issue at around 42,000 miles by Mazda, the car currently has 80,000 miles. The car currently has 215 HP and 187 ft. lbs of torque running 11 PSI. This is a great reliable power level that is not hard on the drive train. Club Sport Miata has the Torsen Limited Slip rear end, roll up windows and manual door locks, front and rear spoilers. Car now has Bilstein PSS9 adjustable coil over with 400 lb front springs and 343 lb rear springs. This is a great street and occasional track setup. The current list of parts is long and listed below.

ENGINE PARTS LIST
    Stock internals with 39K miles
    TDR/Moss MP62 Supercharger
    TDR Air Filter upgrade kit
    TDR Belt Tensioner upgrade kit
    Custom Injectors
    TDR Intercooler
    TDR Oil Catch Can
    Powercard Fuel management
    JR Timing management
    TDR Patch Harness for fuel/timing
    ACT Extreme Clutch, stock flywheel
    SS braided clutch line
    Koyo Polished Radiator
    Dual Fan wiring setup
    TDR Crinkle Red valve cover
    Modified belly pan
    Dual hydraulic hood lifts

EXHAUST PARTS LIST
    Jackson Racing header
    Goodwin Racing 2 1/2" midpipe
    Racing Beat muffler
    TDR Header Heat Shield

SUSPENSION PARTS LIST
    Bilstein PSS9 Coil-Over setup with 400 lb Front and 343 lb Rear, adjustable dampening control. Ride height set at approx. 12 3/8" front and 12 5/8" rear.
    Upgraded sway bars front and rear
    Hawk HP Plus brake pads front and rear
    SS braided brake line
    MazdaSpeed engine motor mounts
    TDR-PPF Power frame and differential stiffener kit
    Factory fog light bezels opened for more direct air cooling to the brakes

OTHER COMPONETS
    TDR 3 gauge kit including Boost, AFR and Water Temperature
    TDR Air Splitter
    Auto Power Roll Bar, works with hard top
    Rota 15X7 Slipstream and Kosei K1-TS gunmetal gray.

The Silver ’99 has excellent interior, exterior, convertible top, and excellent hardtop. You are welcome to do a VIN check, JM1NB3532X0124009. Engine bay is spotless and there are no oil leaks. Transmission and rear end fluids were replaced with Red Line about 5000 miles ago.

PERFORMANCE
    Track tested, the car is dialed in ready to go play. On the street the suspension dampening is compliant meaning it rebounds quickly. Everyone who has ridden in this car loves the handling and performance. With DOT race tires this car is hard to beat.

PRICING
    The Sport without any of these upgrades is valued at $8500. When added up, there is right at $12,000 in performance upgrades, not including any of our labor. Here is a car that is complete and tested by TDR to meet and exceed anyone’s Need-for-Speed. Car is for sale for $15,800, now $14,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXpS8Zwz3g0

Last edited by ken o; 05-07-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Suspension Modder

Lol, I have never seen anyone go through cars like you! Interested in trading for a '93 turbo ?

LOL, nah. But if you have an M3 E46 SMG or 135i let's talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenh View Post
    Lol, I have never seen anyone go through cars like you! Interested in trading for a '93 turbo ?
    He had one last Tuesday. Try to keep up!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    He had one last Tuesday. Try to keep up!
    Lol, I'm well aware... Its mine now.

Ken, good luck with the sale! I'm speaking from experience and I can vouch that Ken is great to deal with and takes excellent care of his cars.

This is exactly what I would have done to my 99 Sport if I have the $$$! Let me see if I have enough pennies yet!
    Gabriel

Isn't this Brian Goodwin's old car? Good luck with the sale!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

It is Brian's old car. All the credit on this one goes to Gary at Track Dog. I picked it up ready to rock and roll!

gabkwong - Sell your '99 and buy this one.
    Last edited by ken o; 04-01-2008 at 05:56 AM.

gabkwong - Sell your '99 and buy this one.
    But...I am a few pennies short!
    Gabriel

nice video, by the way.
    White n/a '97

God i love that car, drivin it and would kill to have it but got too many toys as it is, and mainly dont have the cash,
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

The main thing is it's still around :)
    If my NB had ran as good as that car I wouldn't have an NC.
    Lotsa fun!
    99 Miata Black

I even took a spin a year ago when it was for sale near Plano because I was looking for another car.

Everyone gets a turn.

Gary has it now. Getting an oil cooler added. Bigger injectors and a slightly smaller pulley. Why? Oil cooler was part of purchase agreement. Injectors and pulley, do you need to ask why? Should have it back this week.

Don't know history of other owners or number. I thought Goodwin was original owner, some other guy in TX, Gary, and me. For me it is just a tad too small with a hardtop (I am 6'2" and fat). But perfect in every other way. Insurance is cheap. Parts are cheap. Easy to tweak. HUGE support base, like this site.

I will treat the buyer to a track day at Eagles Canyon. This is the track in the video link.

Talking

History of “The Goodwin Car”-
    • Brian Goodwin bought it new in 1999. It was highly modified over the years and the mods were featured in Miata Magazine a few times.
    • In 2005, Brian bought an RX-8 and forum member IPRESS bought the '99 from Brian Goodwin and had it shipped out here.
    • I believe IPRESS had too many cars and not enough time, so later that year, the car was sold to forum member bigDstars.
    • In 2006, bigDstars decided he didn't have time for it, so forum member trackdog purchased it, making several improvements to the car.
    • In 2008, Gary decided to start collecting yellow NAs, so it was sold to forum member ken o.
    Last edited by Titus; 04-02-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    History of “The Goodwin Car”-
    • Brian Goodwin bought it new in 1999. It was highly modified over the years and the mods were featured in Miata Magazine a few times.
    • In 2005, Brian bought an RX-8 and forum member IPRESS bought the '99 from Brian Goodwin and had it shipped out here.
    • I believe IPRESS had too many cars and not enough time, so later that year, the car was sold to forum member bigDstars.
    • In 2006, bigDstars decided he didn't have time for it, so forum member trackdog purchased it, making several improvements to the car.
    • In 2008, Gary decided to start collecting yellow NAs, so it was sold to forum member ken o.
    LOL! Wow, thanks carmen sandiego.

i especially like the last line. Very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    LOL! Wow, thanks carmen sandiego.

i especially like the last line. Very appropriate.
    I have admired the car a lot over the years. Each time it has gone up for sale I have considered it, as it is such a nice, complete car. If I wasn't lusting after something else, I would probably give it a more serious consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    For me it is just a tad too small with a hardtop
    Easy, sell me the hardtop! Problem solved.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Hey, wait a minute. Isn't this thread missing something?? I'm just checking back to see more fireworks, and it look like someone dumped cold water on them...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Yes. Your post and mine will soon be deleted without warning or explanation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast