Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Fun for $25,000

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I agree 110% (except I prefer having them both supercharged).

Why do you prefer s/c? The R53 s/c motor makes less power and gets way worse MPG than the R56 turbo? Jessica's 09 MCS gets here in a month or so we can have a little comparison.

As for that list I'd take the E46 M3 if it had reasonable miles and wasn't beat. I'm pretty sure you can only get an early E46 for 25k or less.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Why do you prefer s/c? The R53 s/c motor makes less power and gets way worse MPG than the R56 turbo?
    I was speaking of the Maita when I made my SC comment. We got the R53 because the wife likes the looks better than the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I was speaking of the Maita when I made my SC comment. We got the R53 because the wife likes the looks better than the new ones.
    I still have trouble telling them apart sometimes...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post

The Miata is on the right
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    They made yellow Miatas???? OMG no WAY!

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

They made yellow Miatas???? OMG no WAY!

Special Edition. Faster than Red ones I hear.

OP, It's purely armchair racing for me to compare a Supra to a NSX. But I'd probably pick the Supra for maintenance reasons (I could actually do the work myself). Where as you have to almost remove the engine in the NSX to change the oil. Yikes.

I'm sure, after driving one I could make a more informed decision though.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    LMAO
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Special Edition. Faster than Red ones I hear.
    Ah, yes... like the TRON Light Cycle toys back in The Day - I had a red one and it was even slower than the Evel Kneivel bike my buddy had...

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    OP, It's purely armchair racing for me to compare a Supra to a NSX. But I'd probably pick the Supra for maintenance reasons (I could actually do the work myself). Where as you have to almost remove the engine in the NSX to change the oil. Yikes.

I'm sure, after driving one I could make a more informed decision though.

Chris
    Granted, I've never driven a Supra, but the NSX is one sweet ride (except for the clunky shifter - never liked it). My folks' next door neighbor had one and a friend of the family did all the maintenance on it at his shop in Garland. According to them it was really nothing out of the ordinary and not much more complex than an Accord - no need to pull the motor to change the oil. Hell, they even did a timing belt/water pump service on it and the parts/labor weren't but about $200 more than a V6 Accord.

Having said that, I'd love to get behind the wheel of a nice Supra Turbo to see how it compares to the NSX, the 300ZX TT, the LT1 C4 Vette, and the (FD?) RX-7 TT. I'm going to imagine that it feels more like the Nissan based on power and weight, but I could be wrong - and the ZX wasn't a bad car by any stretch... just felt heavier and not as quick on its feet.

I still want a 911... I'll take an early 80's 911SC or a mid-late 80's Carerra - matters not to me. I want it air-cooled, old school, and dangerously tail-happy!

'94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

I want it air-cooled, old school, and dangerously tail-happy!

All's ya need is a Corvair then...
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    All's ya need is a Corvair then...

Thank you Ralph Nader.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12