Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group buy - Hallett pictures from BirdsEye

Default Group buy - Hallett pictures from BirdsEye

Hey ya'll,

Seeing how all the best photographers were in novice together, I'm interested in buying my car's photo cd from Bird's Eye (track photographer) so I emailed him.

Here's our latest exchange; anyone want in on this? It's normally 40 bucks for a cd. You can get 4 Billy Blaze cds for that!

Hello Michael

Yes I could do a group rate. Normally the photo CD's are $40 each plus $5 for postage and packaging. I have sold a lot of them "3 car pack" for $100. I would sell 6 cars for $180. I also would be glad to sell every picture I took for the whole week end completely sorted, for $220. I show 2800 files so that is about 2000 differ ant photos. If I took a picture and it has 2 or 3 cars in it, that same picture would be in folders for each car.
    These all would come with a photographers release so you guys can do what ever you want to with these photos. I would also retain the right to do the same.

I would not charge postage for anything over $150. I have sold full event on DVD a few times, not too often.

Clyde

---- Dallas Rider <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for the proofs of our cars, #5 and #6. Very nice shots and nice composite too.
    >
    > We had a large group of participants from the Dallas area and I was wondering if you do a group rate on the cds?
    >
    > I thought if we did a group order you could ship it to one address to be distributed by us to save on shipping as well.
    >
    > Michael

So, what is bottom line?
    Gabriel

Interesting... I didn't even think of that when I talked to Clyde. I got my proofs and there are a LOT of good shots on there that I didn't see at Hallett. I told him I'd be interested in my pix...

At $220 for the whole weekend on DVD, we'd only need 5 people to break even on that (the charge for an individual CD is $45 including postage). I'll check back with Clyde to see if he's got mine together yet. If not, I'll tell him to hold off for a few days and see if we can round up the contributors for the whole meal deal.

Who else is in?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

It seems potentially the best deal is the full CD for $220.

If 10 people chip in, it's $22.00 per CD plus cost of burning copies which is negligible.

Count me in as a definite maybe assuming we get the price down, meaning we get lots of folks interested in the full CD.

Even $30 per CD is "ok" but I can justify < $22 more.

Chime in if you are interested in getting a CD of photos.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    It seems potentially the best deal is the full CD for $220.
    Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post

If 10 people chip in, it's $22.00 per CD plus cost of burning copies which is negligible.

Count me in as a definite maybe assuming we get the price down, meaning we get lots of folks interested in the full CD.

Even $30 per CD is "ok" but I can justify < $22 more.

Chime in if you are interested in getting a CD of photos.

I'm with William on this. I got my proof as well and well - there's nothing really spectacular about any of my pictures. There are shots of William driving my car on Friday...

I'd LOVE to have a full quality copy of the video that Skirt posted!!

I'd be in for a copy of the CD is the price drops to the $20-25 range.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

I am in if the price is $20-$25. It is nice to have but I can think of many goodies for my car with $40... ah...like a replacment splitter .... or stainless steel brake lines....Santa Claus, are you listening?
    Gabriel

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Might want to clarify whether (a) this is all run groups vs. one and (b) there are photos from Friday.

All run groups and both days. I'll buy the whole lot and burn copies if I can get at least eight people seriously interested. I don't want to be out 150 bucks though.

Still waiting to hear if he has shipped my CD yet... but count me in on the group buy, and I'll work my deal out with Clyde on the back end. I saw a lot of nice shots of other cars on the monitors Saturday afternoon, and $20-30 seems like a decent deal to get them all.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

OK..

I'm in.
    ...and across the line.

Default Off to Galveston County

Carazzie and I are outta town till Tuesday. I told Clyde I would get back to him then about buying the whole picture package for 220 and splitting the cost if we get enough people. So post up if you want in on this. The more people in, the cheaper it is split equally. We must've had at least a dozen drivers out there.

Have a fun, safe weekend.

So is this everyone interested?

Nails
    Gabkwong
    Trickyrix
    Black Roadster
    Carazzie
    Miataspeedracer
    Red Menace

Anyone else? Anyone... Anyone...

Ahh What the hell, I'll do it!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up in

So Sharpie makes 8 which, if no one else bails, makes it $27.50 per person for a DVD containing all event photos, including all run groups and the group photos, from both Friday and Saturday. If you have any doubt whether this is a good deal, check out what the track photog at MSR charges to get an idea of the going rate.

I'm so in.

Oh all right. I'm in, too.
    '96 M-edition

Yea it is a great deal. Here's a contact sheet of Carazzie's car and his rates are on it at the bottom. $40 per car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a good list but with as many people that went, I figured we could get more.

Sharpie, what about your Dad? Harry (never checks forum IIRC) and Machismo who is banned, What about Vern, Skirt, Wags, Paul, Gary, Cone-cerned, Mr. BRG or our new Scottish bloke, Andy?
    ...and across the line.

Okay, I think we got enough. Hopefully, some more of the guys BR just mentioned will buy later. Looks like 27.50 per dvd set unless we have to pay for duplication. I think my comp can copy them ok but I don't know if they will read in ordinary dvd players. Here's the latest from Clyde:

I'll send you a check right away. Thanks and I look forward to next year.

> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:37:16 -0400
    > From: [email protected]
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: Re: Miatas at Hallett 2008
    >
    > Hello Michael
    >
    > It looks like it will be 2 full DVD's, about 2000 10 mega pixel images. I will send it with a Co-Copy right agreement. You can all do what you want with the pictures, and so can I. Sell them, trade them, post them,I don't care.
    >
    > They are sorted by Miata Generations. 1, 2 and 3 and Race cars.
    > In each of these folders are separate folders for each car. Each car is sorted by car number and a few cars that had no numbers that ran just the parade laps.
    >
    > There is a separate folder for the group shots.
    >
    > All the pictures from Friday and Saturday are mixed within each car folder. All the photos that started with the letter "A" are from Friday. Each time We downloaded pictures we used the next letter.
    >
    > I will mail them out tonight 2 copies ( for back up ) with a stamped ,self addressed envelope. Just return the envelope with a check or money order for $220.
    >
    > Michael, I need you to be responsible for full payment. I expect a check from you within a few days after receiving the DVD's. I do not want to try to collect from each person in a group.
    >
    > Thank you for your business and I am sure the Miatas will be back. Hallett is trying to sell them a full weekend next year. Maybe another Miata club could run the 2nd day.
    >
    > Clyde
    >
    > PS the Miata/Hallett logo will be on there too but is not a Jpeg image. It can be opened with Photoshop.
    >
    >
    >
    > ---- Dallas Rider <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi Clyde,
    > >
    > > Looks like we have enough interested people to get the whole event package. Just to make sure:
    > >
    > > You have the photos from Friday's session as well as Saturday's right?
    > >
    > > You have all the parade shots with people standing by cars and sitting in their cars?
    > >
    > > Is it a CD or a DVD and is there any problem (copy protection) to make duplicates for distribution?
    > >
    > > How do you handle payment?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Okay, I think we got enough. Hopefully, some more of the guys BR just mentioned will buy later. Looks like 27.50 per dvd set unless we have to pay for duplication. I think my comp can copy them ok but I don't know if they will read in ordinary dvd players.
    I've got an almost brand-new free & useless-to-me pack of Maxell DVD-Rs that I'd be happy to donate to The Cause - should be plenty go around. Not sure how an ordinary home DVD player will read a disc full of pictures, but I assume most everybody has the means to read one on a computer. For those that don't, I guess the pix can be burned onto something like 10 CDs... :)
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast