Thread: Why airlines should have swear jars too

Default Why airlines should have swear jars too

She coulda just dropped a twenty in the swear jar and stayed out of trouble.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5468299.story

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    She coulda just dropped a twenty in the swear jar and stayed out of trouble.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5468299.story
    Yeah, she should have also been charged for endangering a child times 2.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Yeah, she should have also been charged for endangering a child times 2.
    She should have been given a medal for taking responsibility and actually disciplining her children....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    She should have been given a medal for taking responsibility and actually disciplining her children....
    Well, she should have taken them outside for that, but at 35,000 feet...

Well, the little bastards did spill her drink...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I now realize that after raising 5 children I could have spent most of my life in prison
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

It's not against the law to spank your child, bodily injury is where people get into trouble. I think the meaning of bodily injury is too loose. If you swat a kid it's gonna leave a red mark but is a red mark that will go away in 30 seconds bodily injury?
    99 Miata Black

I think y'all are making the issue parenting.
    She did her parenting.
    The issue is the stewardess (yes I said it) butting into the parents act of discipline.
    If more parents were disciplinarian's instead of friends, they wouldn't have to make up excuses why their kid is out of control.

Loosing her kids just floors me.

Rogue's right. Here's what bothers me about this story.

After three months in jail, Freeman agreed to plead guilty in exchange for being released on probation. A court-appointed attorney told her that a plea deal would be the fastest way to see her children, who had been taken back to Hawaii and put into foster care.

She felt she wasn't committing any crime yet after three months locked up away from her family (not to mention probably lost her job) she cops a plea on the advice of some dumbass attorney who probably passed law school with a C minus GPA or is too damn selfish/greedy to put in the hours for a jury trial at city pay.

Her probation required her to stay in Oklahoma City, where she grew up, and prohibited her from flying. Meanwhile, legal proceedings in Hawaii have begun to allow the children's foster parents to adopt them.

Only three months! Seems kinda quick to me especially if these proceedings started before her coerced admission of guilt.

Freeman has been denied permission to attend custody hearings in Maui over the last six months, court records show.

This is nothing short of kidnapping.

I think (hope) some law firm hungry for press will take her case pro bono then file civil suit against Frontier Airlines.

Driver
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    She did her parenting.
    The issue is the stewardess (yes I said it) butting into the parents act of discipline.
    If more parents were disciplinarian's instead of friends, they wouldn't have to make up excuses why their kid is out of control.

It is the flight attendants' duty to maintain order in the cabin. If the kids are crying, and/or the mother yelling, it is the attendants' duty to see if there is a problem and try to calm folks down.

The confrontation on the Frontier Airlines flight to Denver was particularly harsh, recalled Amy Fleming, the flight attendant who told Freeman to stop spanking her children. In a recent interview, Fleming called Freeman the most unruly passenger she had seen in 11 years on the job.

"Absolutely she deserved a felony conviction," she said.
    If the flight attendant had time to get there and tell her to stop spanking the children before she stopped on her own, and the attendant feels this strongly, perhaps it was more than three light swats to each child.

A flight attendant confronted Freeman, who responded by hurling a few profanities and throwing what remained of a can of tomato juice on the floor.
    In any case, the response to the flight attendant was not appropriate, and apparently violated FAR 91.11. She didn't go to jail for spanking the kids, but instead, for her response to the flight attendant.

That said, losing her kids over her response to the flight attendant is waaaaay over the top, but I didn't see in the article anything about if child protective services ended up involved and/or if this behavior was found to be a pattern. If she gets that upset over a spilled drink, I have no pity for her.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    She did her parenting.

AMEN, I agree 100%.....cept the stewardess is not the only one to blame, she gets her guidlines from the HS dept.
    99 Miata Black

If the story told is 100% accurate, then I believe the law has been abused.

I would not be surprised, however, if she were loosing her kids because she has a bad history with CPS and this incedent just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back. It wouldn't be the first time a reporter manipulated the point of view by omitting parts of a story.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Rogue's right. Here's what bothers me about this story.

After three months in jail, Freeman agreed to plead guilty in exchange for being released on probation. A court-appointed attorney told her that a plea deal would be the fastest way to see her children, who had been taken back to Hawaii and put into foster care.

She felt she wasn't committing any crime yet after three months locked up away from her family (not to mention probably lost her job) she cops a plea on the advice of some dumbass attorney who probably passed law school with a C minus GPA or is too damn selfish/greedy to put in the hours for a jury trial at city pay.

Her probation required her to stay in Oklahoma City, where she grew up, and prohibited her from flying. Meanwhile, legal proceedings in Hawaii have begun to allow the children's foster parents to adopt them.

Only three months! Seems kinda quick to me especially if these proceedings started before her coerced admission of guilt.

Freeman has been denied permission to attend custody hearings in Maui over the last six months, court records show.

This is nothing short of kidnapping.

I think (hope) some law firm hungry for press will take her case pro bono then file civil suit against Frontier Airlines.
    yep, thats how it works.
    99 Miata Black

All parties are morons including the parents, the airline, and the prosecuting agency.

Nothing like inflicting pain on a child in public. That's classy. What is mommy going to do when the child is old enough to hit back? Why communicate when you can beat a child quickly so you don't miss Montel?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    All parties are morons including the parents, the airline, and the prosecuting agency.

Nothing like inflicting pain on a child in public. That's classy. What is mommy going to do when the child is old enough to hit back? Why communicate when you can beat a child quickly so you don't miss Montel?
    Wow.

I'm GLAD I was spanked as a kid. If I wasn't, I would probably be agreeing with you.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata