Thread: Going Turbo (Race Related)

Default Going Turbo (Race Related)

I am converting my racecar to a Turbo setup. I started a thread over on the miataturbo forum and thought i might get some thoughts from you guys too.
    (Keith is my consultant, but other ideas sure help edu-ma-kate me!)
    If you have a chance check this out and let me know your thoughts.
    http://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t36552/

Thanks,
    Mac
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Mac,
    I am in the process of doing the same thing. I am taking the '96 SM and looking for the best option for forced induction. Reliablity and NO OVERHEATING. BRG and a few others have weighed in previous posts as well.
    I am looking forward to your progress.
    Alan

you guys go right ahead and build a better mousetrap.

Ask those with opinions if they have endurance raced their cars in Texas and with someone who can really abuse the car to look for weak links.

My development mule has gone 4 hours last year and 8 this year, winning both times and has countless hours at MSR. I have 2 fresh cars at $20K each with proper weld-in cages, Torsen, turbos, suspension, cooling mods that work, etc, etc.

I have also never seen a faster Miata when driving on track.

I'd really like to see cars built to a commong spec for racing purposes, as well.

Pretty much sure at present there isn't a better mousetrap, especially for the price. Anybody looking for the best Track car should ease on over to MSR and look at what Keith has done with the Turbo Miatas.
    Looks like September (after ROs) will be Turbo time for me.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Keith, more pictures and details would be cool.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by kverges View Post
    you guys go right ahead and build a better mousetrap.

Ask those with opinions if they have endurance raced their cars in Texas and with someone who can really abuse the car to look for weak links.

My development mule has gone 4 hours last year and 8 this year, winning both times and has countless hours at MSR. I have 2 fresh cars at $20K each with proper weld-in cages, Torsen, turbos, suspension, cooling mods that work, etc, etc.

I have also never seen a faster Miata when driving on track.

I'd really like to see cars built to a commong spec for racing purposes, as well.
    Keith,
    I am a little farther behind IPRESS with the build. How far along are you with the spec turbo class? It would help several of us who only want to track their miata with a little more power!! It would also direct me in which direction I need to best spend my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Alan

$20k for a turbo-SM really isn't a bad price. The only thing I'd change is the engine-management. :)
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!