Thread: Up for a run?

Default Up for a run?

Would anyone like to take on of the LSM routes in a couple weeks, weather permitting? Maybe the Glenrose, Muenster, or Oklahoma day run?

Sounds good to me! But does anyone have the routes?

Mick

I've got *a* route description similar to the Oklahoma run... We need to compile the "good event drives" and store them on here somewhere.

I have the Glenrose run from the Lone Star Miata Club. I checked and their next run us a brunch at Tupinamba (texmex). Not much fun for me because it is about 4 blocks from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    mmmmmmmm Fried Pies
    Good grief. Fried pies. I'm almost always game for a run, but be sure to schedule around the calendar. Also note that the traffic around Ardmore is &#$*&#$ due to Interstate construction...

what about a drive and then all go to a drive in movie? isnt there one in granbury or glenrose?

The only problem, drive ins suck in a Miata. A van is much better, but they must suck at drives....

I second the compilation of drive routes... I have had my Miata since September and haven't been on any fun runs yet (don't know of any!)

I'd like to go to Arkansas or the hill country sometime if anyone has routes for those...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I've got one that will take you to ETEX and some good food to boot

I will dig up the Glenrose route and put it into a word doc.

Sounds like fun. I don't know that we have any of the directions on the drives we have been on but I will look and see what we have. Of course that is unless the new puppy has eaten them.

Chassis Designer

Hi all... new to the group...

I have all of LSMC's routes with directions and maps for runs to Granbury, Eagle Mountain Lake, Glenrose, Munster, Rockett, Ardmore, Sedona AZ, Deals Gap NC, Jefferson, Nacogdoches, Austin, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and many others. All in MS Word, in large, easy-to-read-at-speed fonts.

I am leading the next open run for them on Sunday, April 4th. I haven't settled on a departure point, but will likely be off of I20 in Grand Prairie.

The run will be about 100 miles through Ellis county around Waxahatchie. It will end at the Rockett Cafe in Rockett, (great food and desserts).

If you've not been on one of my runs, they tend to be spirited, and segregated by driving preferences, (fast drivers in front, etc). You need not be a member of the club to attend this event.

If you want to come, I do need a head count, so email me off list at [email protected].
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I followed billccsi to Utah and it was a great and well planned trip. I'll do any of his runs that don't conflict with AX or TMS race weekends

I highly recommend his stuff

Quote Originally Posted by billccsi
    I have all of LSMC's routes with directions and maps for runs to Granbury, Eagle Mountain Lake, Glenrose, Munster, Rockett, Ardmore, Sedona AZ, Deals Gap NC, Jefferson, Nacogdoches, Austin, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and many others. All in MS Word, in large, easy-to-read-at-speed fonts.

I am leading the next open run for them on Sunday, April 4th. I haven't settled on a departure point, but will likely be off of I20 in Grand Prairie.
    So would we need to be a member of the LSMC to attend? The last LSMC meeting I attended the president mentioned that if you were not a member of LSMC you would have to pay to participate. Was there any truth to his statement?

Any word on the pay to play?

You need not be a member of the club to attend this event.
    What more could you want?

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    You need not be a member of the club to attend this event.
    What more could you want?
    Good enough for me but I'll bring some extra $$$$$ just in case the Prez wants to charge. .

Sounds like fun, and I will just write McWrath an IOU if he wants me to pay to play on the public streets. :P