Thread: How much does it cost for a new top and for the leather seats to get reupholstered?..

Chassis Designer

Default How much does it cost for a new top and for the leather seats to get reupholstered?..

How much does it cost for a new top plus install? also how much does it cost to have the leather seats(with headrest speakers) to get reupholstered?

Anyone know any shops around that can do the work?

I'm looking at a 96 M series, but the top has a patch, and the seats are worn.

Driver

new top (just had to purchase one): $200 or so for the cheap ebay one (nicer ones are more expensive). If you need a rain rail (it's a mostly hidden part that keeps the water out of your car where it mounts in the back, very brittle on NA's) that's more ($100-150). Rogue installs them for around $200 IIRC, but don't quote me on that. I'm going to install mine myself (or with some help

Seats? Lots of different options there. Might be worth it to get a new-to-you replacement from somewhere [junk yard, etc] and just swap it out. Or get a race seat

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    new top (just had to purchase one): $200 or so for the cheap ebay one (nicer ones are more expensive). If you need a rain rail (it's a mostly hidden part that keeps the water out of your car where it mounts in the back, very brittle on NA's) that's more ($100-150). Rogue installs them for around $200 IIRC, but don't quote me on that. I'm going to install mine myself (or with some help

Seats? Lots of different options there. Might be worth it to get a new-to-you replacement from somewhere [junk yard, etc] and just swap it out. Or get a race seat
    cool I'll check them out. Where is rogue located? I don't know what all does it take to change the top? I heard it's really difficult?

I'm looking at getting a 96 m edition, it's bone stock. So I kinda wanna keep the seats or find some better replacements.

LeatherSeats.com and Katzkins are both good sources for seat covers.

Rogue is located just west of Justin... MiataSolutions.com is his website. He's definitely good people!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Chassis Designer

Thanks for the info! I'll give him a call as soon as I get the car. Hopefully this Friday.

Thanks for the sites on the seat covers also.

I had the seats done in my wifes Miata at a custom shop in Dallas. It was 2 tone leather and cost rougthly $800. That was real leather and they were really nice. It all depends on what you want.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    I had the seats done in my wifes Miata at a custom shop in Dallas. It was 2 tone leather and cost rougthly $800. That was real leather and they were really nice. It all depends on what you want.
    Thanks, I'll probably wait for a while to do it and have it done right like you did.

Where's the best pick a part place for these cars?

I know there was a nissan one in the Arlington are if I remember right, thats where I got parts for my sister's 240sx she had and my 90 300zx I had.