Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Texas Rangers World Effing Series Thread

Default The Texas Rangers World Effing Series Thread

So the Giants won in eerily similar fashion to the Rangers. Another great performance by Brian Wilson and his Pedo-Beard. I guess that means we get to see that hippie kid pitch against the Cliff Lee Buzzsaw on Wed Nite?

Pssst... I don't think they'll be showing the game at Keller's. Guess where I won't be on Wed Nite.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I can't wait. I don't want to jinx anything, but if we keep up the offensive production the giants don't stand a chance. Look at how many runs we put up against the Yanks. And look at how the giants barely scraped by the Phillies. Even the game last night the Philles had the winning run at first in the bottom of the ninth. The best part is how the rangers are playing such well rounded ball, homers when needed, but we aren't relying on them. We can bunt, steal, sacrifice, hit and run, and we get hits when we need base runners. And this is up and down the lineup. This should be a great series.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I would think the Rangers will be the favorites...it might be less pressure to be the underdogs like they were against the Rays and Yanks.

Hopefully they can keep playing the way they have been, and the bullpen can remain in control if they're needed. I haven't seen much of the Giants, but supposedly they play 'small ball' too...similar to the Rangers.

I was checking on ticket prices. It looks like $500 a pop for standing-room-only.

It's gonna be a fun series, I'm calling a Cliff Lee home run against Lincecum in Game 1

My friend and I are planning on greeting the Rangers at the airport Thursday night when they get back from San Fran.
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Lots of storylines to make you worry they will let their guard down. But one telling thing to me anyway, that gives me some solice that they wont. That game two where they came back and said, "We arent going away quietly." I was really worried after blowing game one against the Bankees that they would be so down and would just give up. But, they didnt.

They're too hungry to raise that "Mission Accomplished" banner prematurely...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

I spent Sunday morning at TMS Road course on my iphone and on the Rangers website simultaneously instead of course-walking so I could get tickets when they went on sale at 9am. Even with that, I only got SRO for games 3 and 4, but got the Lexus Terrace for game 5!! I'm kinda hoping they go into game 4 at 2-1 so I can sell my game 4 tickets knowing there will be a game 5. Go Rangers!!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I spent Sunday morning at TMS Road course on my iphone and on the Rangers website simultaneously instead of course-walking so I could get tickets when they went on sale at 9am. Even with that, I only got SRO for games 3 and 4, but got the Lexus Terrace for game 5!! I'm kinda hoping they go into game 4 at 2-1 so I can sell my game 4 tickets knowing there will be a game 5. Go Rangers!!
    Nice score on those tickets!
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

a diner across the street from where the Rangers are staying in San Fransisco is planning on playing trumpets all night to keep the Rangers awake and give their team the advantage? That's pretty low...
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by CHeavin_2006 View Post
    a diner across the street from where the Rangers are staying in San Fransisco is planning on playing trumpets all night to keep the Rangers awake and give their team the advantage? That's pretty low...
    Not even close to low.... I recall Kobe Bryant getting food poisoning from a room service Hamburger in Sacramento during the '02 Western Conference Finals. IIRC, no other hotel patron got food poisoning.

Seriously, nobody has anything to say about the loss last night, Guererro's outfielding, nothing?

Go Rangers GAME #2
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I'll take the Wade Phillips route and point out Cliff Lee's nice double... I mean, I guess we've got that going for us...

Lots of nervous, crappy baseball out there last night. Michael Young, Ian Kinsler, and of course Vladdy. For f**k's sake.

All I can say is "Get yer head out yer butt and let's go play baseball..."
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    and of course Vladdy. For f**k's sake.
    Vlad is not in tonights lineup.

I don't really know how to look at it. On one hand they also lost game 1 of the ALCS in a manner that was extremely deflating. But, in my opinion that was to a much better team than the Giants, and the Rangers immediately forgot about it and made history. On the other hand, last night their ace got smacked pretty good. A lot will hinge on CJ tonight. Following a loss his season he was pretty darn good as a stopper. Also, a bright spot from last night. They managed to put up 7 runs on a good pitching staff. Yeah, I'm also taking the Wade approach. I think an important player in this series will be Tommy Hunter. They really need the Tommy that came out of the gate strong.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I was worried when I heard Vlad was starting in right field....the man is almost as slow as Molina! It's only 1 game. Tonight is very important.

Yeah Vladdy was a bad move, especially when you have Murphy there sitting on the bench. Man the Rangers are missing some big opportunities here in Game 2...
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Moreland!!!
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Is Buster Posey old enough to drive yet? Jeez...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

+1 hahaha

He's good, though!
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

No sh*t...my wife said "Is this guy 12 or what?"

+1 on he's a good rookie...that's how we ended up with Molina.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast